Starting Technical diving GUE Vs TDI VS PADI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GUE has a great program. Hold your nose when dealing with the attitude of the instructors, and get the training.

Once you get the training, you can find nicer people with whom to dive
Youre painting it as if all GUE instructors have a bad attitude? probably have not met any or only met one or two? Failed a class?
personality clash?
Where is this coming from? Just because you don’t like someone doesn’t mean you have a bad attitude. What is your perspective that your saying this?
GUE instructors are definitely not bad apples.

GUE has a great program. Hold your nose when dealing with the attitude of the instructors, and get the training.

Once you get the training, you can find nicer people with whom to dive. You don't have to stick with GUE.
Who exactly? Which instructor did you meet that had a bad attitude?

The problem with GUE is that people think it is all perfect with perfect people whose attitude are perfect. That is not the case. People are people and no one is perfect. Be a bit more down to earth and remove your pink glasses.

The problem with GUE is that people think it is all perfect with perfect people whose attitude are perfect. That is not the case. People are people and no one is perfect. Be a bit more down to earth and remove your pink glasses.
I agree but that is not the point. @PfcAJ ‘s and my question to @Doc Harry is why is he saying that as if all the instructors had a bad attitude. It’s not the content it’s the way it’s presented. One personal encounter doesn’t mean anything to represent a whole community.

I agree but that is not the point. @PfcAJ ‘s and my question to @Doc Harry is why is he saying that as if all the instructors had a bad attitude. It’s not the content it’s the way it’s presented. One personal encounter doesn’t mean anything to represent a whole community.
Yes you are right. "anecdotes are not data" :)
But one thing is that everytime someone has a negative comment about GUE, the message is not really heard but the messenger is, unfortunately, always criticized.

But one thing is that everytime someone has a negative comment about GUE, the message is not really heard but the messenger is, unfortunately, always criticized.
he hasnt been criticised here and maybe he shouldn't blanket label a community based on one encounter. its nothing to do with gue. it would be the same response from me with anything else.

Once you get the training, you can find nicer people with whom to dive. You don't have to stick with GUE.

The same can be said of PADI or TDI instructors, except for the "great program" part. :rofl3:

You are writing as if in GUE almost everyone is a horrible person. If that's what you mean, you just wrote a horrible prejudice.

But one thing is that everytime someone has a negative comment about GUE, the message is not really heard but the messenger is, unfortunately, always criticized by a small group of fanatics who do not represent GUE and are probably a minimum fractional part of the GUE community.

The correction represents my point of view and my experience. Don't let a (bad) minority do that to you. In reality GUE divers are just divers and people, as everyone else in any other agency. Among them there are amazing people, good people, normal people, an, unfortunately, fanatics. As in any other agency.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom