Safe way to tuck a seven-foot hose ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Same here.

As mentioned above, keeping the belt tight also helps. I tend to expand my stomach, breathing from the gut instead of the top of my lungs. As such, I like to keep my belt a little looser.

Same here.

I prefer to have my webbing looser than tighter.

It’s a continuous band with no adjustable spots so it’s already a bear to put on or remove.

I wouldn’t want it any tighter. :)

Mine stays pretty well tucked under my weight pouch but that might not work for everyone. Seems to vary a lot based on how much extra hose there is, which varies with the diver's size.

Same here.

Same here.

I prefer to have my webbing looser than tighter.

It’s a continuous band with no adjustable spots so it’s already a bear to put on or remove.

I wouldn’t want it any tighter. :)

shoulder straps should still be quite loose though and the waist strap is the one thing that is actually adjustable....

Loop of bungee on a dring big enough to put the bottom loop thru.

If you want to get really fancy, a short tube of neoprene like the kind you use to provide shoulder padding on webbing. If you used that you would have to put on a webbing loop to attach it to your waist belt.

Not using a can light, I have successfully used:

1. knife sheath
2. D-ring on waist and a snorkel keeper & double ender (break the snorkel keeper if you really need to deploy)
3. weight pouch

Tuck it in your waist strap. That's all I do when I OW dive without a can. It doesn't come loose unless you pull it

I tuck it in my wasteband behind the buckle which is near my left hip.
Since I five a flexhose it moves constantly but it doesn't dislodge behind the buckle. Also, I route the hose from the bottom port between the tank and the wing and shorten the distance it goes.

I tuck the 7 ft hose under a Scubapro slim pocket threaded onto my right waistband. The top of the pocket is kept closed by velcro. Attached is a photo showing the long hose routing.
20200903_181353.jpg

Try tucking it into the waistband near the middle, and then pushing the hose rightward, all the way to the backplate. This way you make a very wide U shape with the hose being horizontal, just below the belt. I couldn't explain the physics of it to you, but that seems to stay put better than a narrow U-shape where most of the hose is vertical.

Recently I've been tucking mine behind a cutting tool sheath, both the steak knife and the shears work. My rubber weight belt sits a couple inches below the waistband, with the MAKO "pinch" weights on it, so the hose ends up wedged between a cutting tool above and two blocks of lead below. Nice and tidy, has never once come out accidentally, but still easy to deploy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom