For Sale US Divers Single Stage Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Idlewilde

Registered
Reaction score
Original

A little history. When I was a teenage I worked part time at what was eventually to become Mote Marine Laboratory in Florida, started by a young marine scientist by the name of Eugenie Clark. Her shark research lab was located near my home in SW Florida, and in 1959 she asked me if I wanted to go to a shark symposium at the Miami Sea Aquarium. As a 16 year old I jumped at the chance. While there I made pals with Philippe Cousteau, Jacques's son. Philippe and I got into a lot of trouble that weekend, but that's another story. But one afternoon we were standing around with Eugenie, Jacques, Jacques's right hand man Frederick Dumas, Philippe, and a couple of other symposium attendees. Eugenie was telling Jacques that she and her helper (ie me) needed some scuba equipment to use in her shark pen to study the sharks that a friend and I had caught. Jacques was the spokesman for US Divers and he turned to Frederick Dumas and said "get them what they need." Frederick subsequently sent a compressor, 2 regulators, and 2 sets of triple 40's tanks, and this regulator is all that's left.

I've kept the regulator all these years and as can be seen in the pictures it is in horrible condition from just sitting on a shelf in my bedroom closets. The yellow tubes are near disintegration stage and must be handled carefully. I don't know if the regulator has any value, but I'll ask $100 for it as I believe it was the first single stage regulator ever sold comercially.

IMG_0275.JPG
IMG_0276.JPG
IMG_0277.JPG
IMG_0278.JPG
IMG_0279.JPG

Your price is in the ball park, maybe another $20-30. If you have evidence of your story (not questioning it ) like a letter from JC about it, you could likely get more. Now it it were me, esp with my personal story to go with it, I would rebuild it and proudly dive it. All the parts you need to rebuild it to new condition are readily available, including new yellow hoses and mouthpiece.

Since your 76 now and I guess you're not diving anymore, sell it to someone who is diving.
Put it on eBay starting at $50 and see what happens.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom