ok... you guys won... I'm officially a BP/W convert!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was a BP/W convert on my first day of OW class, before I even know that a BP/W existed.

When I put on the jacket BC, my first thought was, "This is a big cluttered mess, I want something more streamlined."

I hated the jacket BC. as soon as I saw my first BP/W we got married.
Similar to my experience (as posted earlier) - the only difference is that as soon as we went into OW for my check out dives, my instructor went to his BP&W (he only uses the jacket type in the pool - saves his personal kit for OW due to how much damage the chlorine in pools can do to gear).

Because I have a long body the cummerbund on a jacket tends to be way too high to do any good and the jacket slides up. Also I found that when air was added on surfacing, I found it very difficult to move and breathe properly.

Saw him in his BP&W (especially at the points where my jacket type was trying to strangle me) and immediately wanted one. Changed to it on my fourth dive (post check out) and loved it the first time I dove it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom