Record deep dive challenged

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has anyone tried to add up the minimum gas that would be used during the ascent to the first support diver, assuming an outstanding SAC?

Guinness officials set a number of tags deeper than Nuno Gomes record. The tags were covered with only the depth written on them.Only a Guinness official could unwrap the tag. Ahmed Gabr retrieved the 335 tag. He couldn’t know what was under the wrapping. I think all this is about publicity for an upcoming film.

The only opinion I have on this is that this type of dive is batsh*t crazy.

Half a million L of He was used all together.

I suspect that at least some of the people attempting these records have something to prove to themselves.
I see a movie here: DEATH WISH DEEP!
It's about ego and bragging rights today.
This is the main take away of this endeavor. Maybe it's the only take away.

Small detail: AL80 tanks are designated as 12 metric litres, while they are actually 11 (and a bit).
But....they use 12 when calculating costs, volume and runtime. Is 8% deviation acceptable with such dives?

Apart from the facts presented, there seems to be fear among support team members. Nobody dares standing up to an army colonel.
Power corrupts....

Small detail: AL80 tanks are designated as 12 metric litres, while they are actually 11 (and a bit).
But....they use 12 when calculating costs, volume and runtime. Is 8% deviation acceptable with such dives?

11.1L at 205 bar, but who knows what the start pressures were for this dive?

I occasionally get fills locally to 220bar in my AL80s

Back
Top Bottom