Record deep dive challenged

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A human needs at least 0.16 ppO2.
And everybody who has been on a plane, has experienced breathing 0.16 ppO2!
This photo is from a SW at cabin pressure at high altitude:
View attachment 609840

So using TMX 4/85 at 90m (10bar) gives 0.40 ppO2. Still way more than 0.16.
Below 30m (4bar) that mix is life sustaining. (And an extremely bad idea to ascend to 30m with that mix)
I didn’t know that planes wouldn’t try to keep the ppo2 at 0.21.

Did you have a O2 sensor connected to your perdix or was it extrapolating from a normal air mix setting ?

Who is actually "Scuba News" and the sponsors behind them? It's all quite anonymous and might be worthwhile to follow the money and learn about their motivation.

Who is actually "Scuba News" and the sponsors behind them? It's all quite anonymous and might be worthwhile to follow the money and learn about their motivation.
The information came from an anonymous set of divers under the name “scuba Sam”. There were a number of emails sent out to media outlets, technical divers worldwide and interested parties.

The scuba news article was just replaying the emails. Our articles were based on a discussions with the group, other people familiar with the dive, other world record holders like Nuno Gomes and - most importantly - Gabr himself.

The information came from an anonymous set of divers under the name “scuba Sam”. There were a number of emails sent out to media outlets, technical divers worldwide and interested parties.

The scuba news article was just replaying the emails. Our articles were based on a discussions with the group, other people familiar with the dive, other world record holders like Nuno Gomes and - most importantly - Gabr himself.
My point. Everyone is anonymous except for the accused. So who is the financial force behind scubanews then?

My point. Everyone is anonymous except for the accused. So who is the financial force behind scubanews then?
Scuba news didn’t generate the story. The group called “scuba Sam” did. A whole bunch of us got the emails. All scuba news did was republish the content in the emails that most major diving media received.

Have a read of our coverage which is based on emails but also extensive emails and conversations including the people calling themselves “scuba Sam”. They are anonymous but we have validated who they are and they have intimate knowledge of the record, the dive and the logistics. We also interviewed people like Gabr himself.

Fact Or Fiction? Is The World's Deepest Scuba Dive A Fake? - DeeperBlue.com

Fact Or Fiction? World Record Holder Ahmed Gabr Responds To Allegations - DeeperBlue.com

Scuba news didn’t generate the story. The group called “scuba Sam” did. A whole bunch of us got the emails. All scuba news did was republish the content in the emails that most major diving media received.

Have a read of our coverage which is based on emails but also extensive emails and conversations including the people calling themselves “scuba Sam”. They are anonymous but we have validated who they are and they have intimate knowledge of the record, the dive and the logistics. We also interviewed people like Gabr himself.

Fact Or Fiction? Is The World's Deepest Scuba Dive A Fake? - DeeperBlue.com

Fact Or Fiction? World Record Holder Ahmed Gabr Responds To Allegations - DeeperBlue.com

So it is not impossible that it is one person (scuba sam) generating emails from different sources to appear larger?

So it is not impossible that it is one person (scuba sam) generating emails from different sources to appear larger?
Yes totally possible. The emails only came from one email address and was totally anonymous (so didn’t appear to be multiple people). You can read all the email contents as they have now been published to Facebook: ScubaSam

What I can say is our writer (Michael Menduno) actually spoke at length over video conference with the people behind the emails. He also spoke at length with a number of other people involved with the record including Gabr, as well as previous record holder Nuno Gomes and officials at Guinness and Netflix (as there is a documentary apparently being completed about the dive which Gabr is closely involved with).

We know who these “scuba Sam” people are and they are very reputable sources who were very close to Gabr and the world record dive.

Michael spent nearly 3 weeks researching the articles and interviewing widely.

I have a mug shot of this Scuba Sam maybe someone can identify him

Scuba+Steve+-+Big+Daddy.jpg

It seems I remember this Scuba News spreading all kinds of crap years ago. It could be possible that he is Scuba Sam (Not our Scuba Sam) as well as many of the email authors. He knows his way around the internet enough to execute this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom