Labor Day Beach Closures in Monterey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

State Beaches will be closed to public access with exceptions for transiting across the beach to engage in recreational uses of the ocean e.g., surfing, swimming, diving, fishing, etc.

diving still permitted

You are correct that access to the water is permitted on state beaches, however all parking at state parks and beaches will be closed. See link.

Carmel River SB

Each town will have its own unique set of restrictions. Best to research your destination if you decide to travel. Can’t wait till this BS is behind us.

FYI, on Friday the park ranger chased us away from Monastery, saying it was a "hard close" and was setting up road signs blocking parking. That link in Rob Wilks' post directly above seems to explain things with specifics (Monastery is listed as FULL CLOSURE). We ended up at Breakwater, where the lot was open and in-water was allowed.

{however I saw someone posted a Monastery dive today on the web ....}

Bummer,I was hoping for some boat diving out of Monterey. I guess I'll head back to Catalina. Boats & Beaches are open down here, come on down.
Good Divin, Be Safe.
SoCalRich

I have been on beach hopper, The Sanctuary is not running What other boats are available? i'm ready for a road trip!

I have been on beach hopper, The Sanctuary is not running What other boats are available? i'm ready for a road trip!
Ironically, the one thing you can do on the beach when it's closed is dive. They had cops asking people to leave who were only sitting or eating but you can dive all you want. They only close on holiday weekends, though.

The boat I have heard recommended is Beach Hopper II. Beachhopper II
They are running 8 divers with a capacity of 11, so you can decide if you're comfortable with that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom