What is that Noise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My guess... If you hear the sound at a constant level, and is in rhythm with your breathing and seems to come from behind your head.. it might be the first stage seating and unseating. I have a piston regulator that seems to click in very cold water.

Yes, the reef seems to make a crackling noise. It's a cacophony of the little sounds each creature makes.

Tell us where you dive. It could be sounds of the reef or it could be your boat or it may be something else.

Have you ever asked your dive buddies if they hear it too?
All of my salt water diving has been off the coast of North Carolina, so mostly wrecks and artificial reefs. I asked my buddy on wednesday and he didnt have any explanation.

All of my salt water diving has been off the coast of North Carolina, so mostly wrecks and artificial reefs. I asked my buddy on wednesday and he didnt have any explanation.

But he hears it too? Or he doesn't hear it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom