Din to Yoke Fill Adapter Psi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why not simply screwing the hex plug in your DIN valve, so that a standard yoke hose can be used for filling?
This is what I do on my 15 liters Faber steel tank...
As my valve is double post, I usually leave the hex insert permanently screwed in one of the two.
So when they fill the tank they simply use the valve which fits their comprosser, without any adaptor.
However, if you have just one post, screwing in the hex insert takes less than one minute.
View attachment 610120

I don't believe this will work for my tanks (admittedly I haven't tried it though).

I’m sure your guy is using something like these
EE185E32-EF27-40D3-91EF-63B17A502033.jpeg
C94ED768-06FC-4349-B75E-C5DA02D39E9D.jpeg
BDD4AB4C-DF99-4F89-831A-84E84A0CF46B.jpeg
they work fine if the prints are good and they are tight.

I don't believe this will work for my tanks (admittedly I haven't tried it though).
It works if your DIN valve is the 200-232 bar version (the only I have ever seen). It does not work if your DIN valve is the 300 bar version (longer screw).

I have frequently had yoke fills to 3300 psi which cool to 3000 psi. I would say that if you are getting free 3000 fills into your doubles that are 3500 I would be happy.

20200902_202039.jpg
I'm not near my tanks, but here's a picture. I'm not sure what valves these are? They have the little dimple in the back for what looks like a yoke valve to go, but they are 3500 psi tanks...I've never noticed other valves.

I'm not near my tanks, but here's a picture. I'm not sure what valves these are? They have the little dimple in the back for what looks like a yoke valve to go, but they are 3500 psi tanks...I've never noticed other valves.

Some valves have the dimple even though they are 300 bar. The valves look like those made by OMS. I know they made face sealing cross over isolators. Perhaps other mfg.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom