Cozumel COVID-19 updates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm a little skeptical about doing the bag drag right now, being on a crowded bus and ferry and all. We are trying to talk ourselves into going to Puerto Vallarta next month--we've had it booked for a few months but somehow expected the virus to be subsiding by now. I can only imagine how long the immigrations lines are now with 1 1/2 meters between people. Other than that my only worry is the short taxi ride. At least I think it's short. I don't even remember which neighborhood we're staying in this time.

I was able to talk my wife & kids into heading into town for some food and souvenirs. We went to the only micro brewery in Cozumel, Cerviceria Punta Sur and had pizza and beers. Both were excellent. I also picked up a tee shirt. We got a lion fish pizza, a pepperoni pizza and chips and guac. Highly recommend!!!

I was able to talk my wife & kids into heading into town for some food and souvenirs. We went to the only micro brewery in Cozumel, Cerviceria Punta Sur and had pizza and beers. Both were excellent. I also picked up a tee shirt. We got a lion fish pizza, a pepperoni pizza and chips and guac. Highly recommend!!!

"a" tee shirt? I guess you didn't make it to Avenida Melgar. There it's more like 8 for $20.

I'm a little skeptical about doing the bag drag right now, being on a crowded bus and ferry and all. We are trying to talk ourselves into going to Puerto Vallarta next month--we've had it booked for a few months but somehow expected the virus to be subsiding by now. I can only imagine how long the immigrations lines are now with 1 1/2 meters between people. Other than that my only worry is the short taxi ride. At least I think it's short. I don't even remember which neighborhood we're staying in this time.

I literally just walked in the door coming back from our trip. We had a direct flight from Denver to Cancun and did the bag drag. Based on recommendations here we used a private vac (Canada Transfers, $120 USD roundtrip) between CUN and the ferry. Neither the airport nor the ferry were crowded. We flew in on a Thursday and the flight (Frontier) was about 50 - 60% full. The 5:00 PM ferry from PDC to Cozumel was a little crowded, but not bad at all. Our hotel was only at 11% capacity. The 12:00 PM ferry was wide open (maybe 30 - 40% capacity max, but probably less). Since it was Saturday our flight from CUN to DEN was maybe 80% capacity. If you travel any other day but Saturday it will probably be less crowded.

I would not let the idea of it being crowded keep you away. My .02.

The Tee shirt was from the brewery, not a generic Cozumel shirt.

Never had the lion fish pizza from there but have had the " Jena" a few times, kind of like the meat lovers. Some of my first dives in Cozumel were with the owners, I hope they do well.

LOL - OMG, seems like forever ago they wouldn't let older people grocery shop. I don't believe that rule still applies, they might not let two people from the same family in the store at the same time so just don't walk in together.... You'll be fine to do whatever you need - wear a mask when going in some place and my wife and I just stopped going in together, I stay behind a bit and pretend not to know her.

That seem like such a silly inconvenient rule. If one of you has covid likely the other does too. I can see where they wouldn't want a family towing a bunch of kids but me and my wife both need to get things and neither is well suited to shop for the other. At least, I learned a long time ago not to try to understand which hair products she would approve or reject.

We were there Tuesday night, ordered two pizzas, one for there and one to go.

That seem like such a silly inconvenient rule. If one of you has covid likely the other does too. I can see where they wouldn't want a family towing a bunch of kids but me and my wife both need to get things and neither is well suited to shop for the other. At least, I learned a long time ago not to try to understand which hair products she would approve or reject.

They wanted to keep the number of people in the store down. Funny thing is there’s 10 times as many people with Covid here today verses back then

They wanted to keep the number of people in the store down. Funny thing is there’s 10 times as many people with Covid here today verses back then

It's silly. If you have covid then your wife probably does too. If you don't have it then your wife probably doesn't either. Most couples aren't going to go together unless they need to go together (each needs some things) and if they do they just do what you are doing - go in "separately". Sounds like someone's bright idea based on nothing of substance.

Keep the store less crowded. Reduce the number of exhalers and the number of inhalers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom