Making the leap: help choosing first rb

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is too funny not to reply. As someone with a bunch of hours on both the Optima and the rEvo, I will say that they are both very good at what they do (now that DR got rid of hammerhead electronics anyway).

If I were given the choice of having a brand new Optima given to me or having to buy my own rEvo, there would not be an Optima in my garage.

Yeah, but its quite pointless anyways. I got tired of even replying to questions asked as almost every time there's a biased 'don't even think about- go purchase a DR plasticbottle- I had 150 Million dives on a rEvo it's is crap' reply following questions about everyones competence who doesnt share that opinion.

Its just driving every serious user question ad absurdum. Imagine what wd happen if I'd mention I also loved my old Inspi :wink:

Yeah, but its quite pointless anyways. I got tired of even replying to questions asked as almost every time there's a biased 'don't even think about- go purchase a DR plasticbottle- I had 150 Million dives on a rEvo it's is crap' reply following questions about everyones competence who doesnt share that opinion.

Are you insinuating that there are those who are anti DiveRite because they use Delrin/Acetal?

Are you insinuating that there are those who are anti DiveRite because they use Delrin/Acetal?
I actually believe he is flat out saying that there are those who are so pro-Optima that they should be receiving endorsement checks from Dive Rite on a daily basis.

With respect to all can we please keep the comments realevant, others newbes like myself can benifit.
If you love your unit please be specific in why (or the specifics of why you do not like another unit).
Thanks again to everyone!

I actually believe he is flat out saying that there are those who are so pro-Optima that they should be receiving endorsement checks from Dive Rite on a daily basis.

It appears as though English might not be his native language but I detected more than that; perhaps it is my reading comprehension that needs work.

With respect to all can we please keep the comments realevant, others newbes like myself can benifit.
If you love your unit please be specific in why (or the specifics of why you do not like another unit).
Thanks again to everyone!

Choice of materials is fairly specific, no?

I brought it up because Delrin, aka “plastic bottle” , seems like a better material choice for a scrubber housing than say aluminum. The heat transfer rates are several orders of magnitude different.

To be clear I too am a newb and still wrapping my head around as many different units as I can.

This is too funny not to reply. As someone with a bunch of hours on both the Optima and the rEvo, I will say that they are both very good at what they do (now that DR got rid of hammerhead electronics anyway).

If I were given the choice of having a brand new Optima given to me or having to buy my own rEvo, there would not be an Optima in my garage.

What version was the last Optima you owned?

I’m also pro KISS, and was pro-liberty

FX with rev C

Yeah, really like comparing apples and hammers. I bashed that POS for years before all the innovations.

WOB sucked, electronics sucked, nonpackable scrubber sucked, etc, etc, etc. The FX was total crap.

And as much as I hate the revo, I’d rather dive it than the FX with Hammerhead Electronics.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom