Converting from Yoke to Din

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On the "Question and Answers" page (see link below) there are several Q &A s re which models, i.e. Core, Conshelf, SEA, etc that are answered, sometimes with part numbers.
Converting from Yoke to Din

Thanks - Seems like this one doesn't work. If anyone's interested, I found one here:
Aqua Lung Conversion Kit Etrier DIN Etrier / DIN Core

or here
KIT TRANSFORMATION ETRIER / DIN ACD CORE - Planet Plongée

Given that it's in French, it's probably easier to source in Europe/France. Good to know as we do have 2 old Cores that I wouldn't mind switching to DIN in the future.

Here's a Titan non ACD yoke to DIN converter (post 2012):

KIT TRANSFORMATION ETRIER DIN TITAN - MIKRON NON-ACD Après jan 2012 - Planet Plongée

call up a HOG dealer and get the DIN conversion kit. They should have it as a standard part.

The titan may be an issue, I think that's the elusive unicorn that @Luis H and I are trying to find.

@tbone1004 @Luis H : I found this old thread, which I think is going to be my stopgap solution for the titan. Thought you might be interested, specifically in the bit about replacing the yoke screw with a SS allen key bolt (<$3.00!!). Looks great. poster links part numbers in later comments.

RE: the yokes. I am planning on diving Bonaire in 2 weeks sidemounting only. I have replaced my DIN with yokes on my regulators and also replaced the securing knob with a Allen key screw. This eliminates all the bulk of the yoke knob and feels just like a DIN underwater (about 10-15 dives in this configuration). It does mean you have to carry an Allen wrench... Yeah, I know there a lot of hoses off the 1st stage - I'm single SMing in a drysuit with buddies.

View attachment 419606

@tbone1004 @Luis H : I found this old thread, which I think is going to be my stopgap solution for the titan. Thought you might be interested, specifically in the bit about replacing the yoke screw with a SS allen key bolt (<$3.00!!). Looks great. poster links part numbers in later comments.

They work so well I have never put the DIN parts back on those 2 regulators. I just screw in the plug on my convertible valves. I don't use the allen key anymore - just sawed a slot in the screw and keep a large washer with a flattened side to tighten the screw. Underwater I can't tell if it is the yoke or DIN version I'm diving.

They work so well I have never put the DIN parts back on those 2 regulators. I just screw in the plug on my convertible valves. I don't use the allen key anymore - just sawed a slot in the screw and keep a large washer with a flattened side to tighten the screw. Underwater I can't tell if it is the yoke or DIN version I'm diving.

That's awesome. I've been poking around trying to find a screw to fit my old titan, but its looking like it may be a custom part. I did get a quote from a machinist on a custom titanium set screw for the titan, but its not very far off from buying a new reg. One of these days I'll locate a suitable 316SS screw, but lately the only stuff i can find is black oxide finished.

That's awesome. I've been poking around trying to find a screw to fit my old titan, but its looking like it may be a custom part. I did get a quote from a machinist on a custom titanium set screw for the titan, but its not very far off from buying a new reg. One of these days I'll locate a suitable 316SS screw, but lately the only stuff i can find is black oxide finished.

Some threads are hard to find. Change the yoke to one with more common threads.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom