Turks and Caicos is ON!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the report! We are scheduled to go back on the TCI Explorer in November - 2nd trip after a couple years ago, and I remember that TCI diving was much better than i had anticipated - especially loved how sharky it was.

I am curious about COVID related changes on the boat: mask rinse buckets, general rinsing of gears, cleaning of cabins, buffet food?

They use Simple Green Pro for disinfectant. They also use it in the rinse tubs. Before every meal you had to use hand sanitizer and it was a mix of buffet and served.

As of now I'm in my 14 day quarantine. I had a doctors appointment today but he refused to see me. Just glad i can work from home

Also don't be surprised if the captain ask you to mail a fed ex package for the company. Apparently mail is sort of touch and go so they ask a guest if they can take a fed ex package with them and mail it when they get back to the states. I took it and put it in my check in bag.

I should add arriving on Saturday was hassle free. I was the first person off the plane and first in line at immigration. I would suggest to bring hard copies of all your paper work (Covid test, Insurance, Permission Slip) because they will ask for them. Hard copies just made it quicker instead of fumbling with your phone.

Leaving was about the same. Very few people going through customs. I had paid for TCI Fastrack (70$) to avoid long wait times but it was a waste of money. Again, very few people and very little wait times. Just a heads up you have to call ahead to have someone meet you at the airport to walk you through if you purchased TCI Fast Track. You’re not told this until you have already paid…so FYI…just be aware.

Thanks for the recap and all of the tips! Looking forward to my trip in October!

PS. What did he say was in the package??

Thanks for the recap and all of the tips! Looking forward to my trip in October!

PS. What did he say was in the package??

Sometime ago They asked me to deposit a prepaid FedEx envelope on returning to the USA.

The envelope was addressed to ExplorerVentures office in Cody Wyoming.

Reports I suspect

Thanks for the trip report. Mrs Flush and I are going to try to squeeze that one in next year

I know this is a bit older, but we have a group of 10 scheduled for Dec 26 - Jan 2. I thought I read but I can't find it. Are we allowed to bring standard luggage or does it have to be soft side duffles?

Back
Top Bottom