Peeing Etiquette

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do not misunderstand me. Both are wrong and gross and I would never do either. I was more grossed out by one person’s comments about peeing in a public pool—which seems to be a greater health risk to the rest of us.
That comment was humor based on an incongruity in expectations.

I'm not saying that peeing in a pool is right. Certainly not. I vaguely remember my mom telling us to keep our mouths shut in a pool because some people pee. That was in the '60s. It's not a shocking new thing in today's world the way some people may think it is. Does anyone think that in a fairly crowded public pool that not one of these people are peeing (kids included...)?

I take my kids to the public pool and one time I REALLY had to go pee. I figured I'd just sneak over to the deep end and subtly let it go.

I got caught.

The lifeguard yelled at me so loudly and suddenly that I almost fell in.

I remember as kids at our local pool a neighbor offered 2 friends and me $0.50 if we would pee in the pool... From the high-dive.
We all did it one after the other, immediately the pool closed, we got kicked out for the rest of the summer, and our parents had to come pick us up. The best part for us was the lifeguard laughing so hard while he explained the issue to the pool manager. The neighbor did give us all $1 for our efforts, which my dad immediately took as a down payment on repaying the pool membership...

Haven't pee'd in a pool since. Can't make that claim for the ocean or our local quarry...

English is not my first language, do you mind explaining the pun ? :)
No problem: The idea is that most people who pee in a body of water do it while in the water. The joke is set up as though you'd expect me to have swum down to the deep end and peed while still immersed in the water.

However, the punchline lets you know that I (fictionally, of course) was standing on the side of the pool and peeing into the pool in full view.

The only reason the lifeguard could catch me was because I was above water. The joke is set up so you think I was in the water.

And to reiterate, this is purely a fictional joke!

No problem: The idea is that most people who pee in a body of water do it while in the water. The joke is set up as though you'd expect me to have swum down to the deep end and peed while still immersed in the water.

However, the punchline lets you know that I (fictionally, of course) was standing on the side of the pool and peeing into the pool in full view.

The only reason the lifeguard could catch me was because I was above water. The joke is set up so you think I was in the water.

And to reiterate, this is purely a fictional joke!

Just to let you know where my mind went....

I knew this was a joke at the end, but I took it a step further as it reminded me of another joke where 2 guys are peeing into the deep end of the pool (from the deck). One of them looks at his buddy and says “man this water is cold” and the other one says “and deep too”.

Back
Top Bottom