Force Fin Designs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alex some 30 years ago helping me take pictures of Force Fin Mono-fin and a small swim fin. 28 Anacapa Street, Santa Barbara, California. Like seeing our dog "Bumpers" with a very large bone. Now Dr. Alexander Gagnon is doing this.....Gagnon Lab – Biomineralization in a changing ocean

Attachments

• mono-fin001-fw.jpg
    mono-fin001-fw.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 96
  • mono-fin002-fw.jpg
    mono-fin002-fw.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 104
After a weekend of scanning Force Fin STUFF..more to share...

Attachments

• a-bob-sleep.jpg
    a-bob-sleep.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 85
Kind of got caught in Quick Sand. Found our Family History files, done with Costing Blug and now working on a Foot Blug. So free, foot free, but I also understand a boot VS bare feet. Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. Keep a eye open...

Attachments

• staats004-fw.jpg
    staats004-fw.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 95
  • jetshackle_be.jpg
    jetshackle_be.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 87
Looks like a good drink of Markers Mark always keep the ideas flowing. Learning how much material would fill the rods I used the house water hose. Filled up nice. The kitchen table was always a good place to cut up patterns...with a slip of Whiskey....The start of the Fab Force Fin. Force Fin

Attachments

• ops-projecy026-fw.jpg
    ops-projecy026-fw.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 73
  • fab001-fw.jpg
    fab001-fw.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 77
  • fab001-fw-1.jpg
    fab001-fw-1.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 76
So the Fab Force Fin , looks like a swim / snorkle fin ?
Yes, and was so light and comfortable. Have some plans for this design. Did have one warm water diver who loved the SK-2, a bigger blade..She said it worked great for her, but I wondered about a strong current..Made the SD-1 for Divers/Tek.

Attachments

• 200407bonaire-001-resized.jpg
    200407bonaire-001-resized.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 64
  • negra2-clean-resized.jpg
    negra2-clean-resized.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 74
Years and years ago we got back a return on a pair of Slim fins. I called the customer because it was the first return I had seen. She liked them but had a small lap pool and they made her move to fast..Ok. She liked her Zoomers that helped her move slow. Wow !!! I could make a fin design that controlled the water flow. With the Whisker designs I had learned how to change the flow of water. Plenty of testing with swimmers and coaches showed how we had a winner. But we did too good of a job, the Force Fin Multi-Force got nicked name " The Torture Fin." Pulled from the market a long time ago, but what did we learn.? Some times it is just better to stay with a winner fin like the Slim fin with a 99.9 % return rate. SLIM FIN – Force Fin At $200.00 for a Swim fin seems high, but then the Slim Fins last for over 20 years and Zoomer is a 1-2 year investment, for around $30,00 and makes you go slow. Slim Fins are made in USA and they are made offshore.

Attachments

• ff-37-clean.jpg
    ff-37-clean.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 65
  • multi-force001-fw.png
    multi-force001-fw.png
    418.1 KB · Views: 67
  • multi-force002.png-fw.png
    multi-force002.png-fw.png
    343.9 KB · Views: 71
that's a fin I haven't seen before, but it looks like fun!

that's a fin I haven't seen before, but it looks like fun!
After making the Hockey Force Fin for you, no surprise you like to work out in the Multi-Force fin. When you turn the Whiskers counter to water flow, the fins pull you backwards. Getting ready to get into storage ... 39 years of fin designs. Engineers – Force Fin

Attachments

• ops-projecy181.png-fw.png
    ops-projecy181.png-fw.png
    228.4 KB · Views: 67

Back
Top Bottom