Photos from late Aug/early Sept

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cozcharlie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am not disclosing the location of my yellow friend to avoid him/her winding up in some idiots fish tank.(also I promised the person who showed me I wouldn’t reveal location ) Call it witness protection for a fish :)

sorry three nudibranch photo not more in focus. Didn’t have macro lens and camera not that good for macro without one Last nudi pic was a little better , but really really small (1/4 of inch body or maybe a little more )

DSC01417-2.jpg
DSC01266.jpg
DSC01158-2.jpg
DSC01271.jpg
DSC01485.jpg
DSC01551-2.jpg
DSC01731.jpg
DSC01808.jpg
DSC01627-2.jpg
upload_2020-9-12_12-7-50.jpeg

Nice. Fantastic find on the frogfish and smart to keep the location a secret. Several years ago we found one and located it every year thereafter for three years before it disappeared. Get yourself a macro lens dude.

Cool octopus pictures, I almost scrolled past them thinking they were slugs

ahhhh thank you for these shots you captured! I miss the water and island so badly! well done. thanks for sharing here.

Nice. Fantastic find on the frogfish and smart to keep the location a secret. Several years ago we found one and located it every year thereafter for three years before it disappeared. Get yourself a macro lens dude.

I hear you on macro lens jlyle. I had one but didn’t bring it along on the dive with the three nudibranches together. Was new camera and that fairly powerful lens is tricky to use on drift dives without tearing up the reef and/or the camera since you have to be really really close to subject as you know. I took it along a few dives later for the much smaller nudi. Picture still not that great due to cropping, but that nudi was probably 1/4 the size of the each of three together (looked like a black speck in the sand when DM pointed it out—fraction the size of fingernail ). Even got a couple of scorpionfish eye (and only fish eye) shots on dive with that lens. Was a lot easier on sandy bottom outside of park with less current, but still tricky. Can even be tricky on land doing trial runs .

Bottom line : have macro lens (and now another less powerful and easier to use one )—working on learning how to use them. My camera (RX100 VII) in general is tougher to use for super macro (knew that when I bought it ). Olympus TG6 would be way easier to use for macro. I wanted the slightly larger sensor and more MP of the Sony since I do a lot more cropping than preferable because of currents and the fact I snorkel sometimes. Hopefully I will send better macro pictures in a few weeks

Here is slightly better macro picture

upload_2020-9-12_18-13-33.jpeg

I hear you on macro lens jlyle. I had one but didn’t bring it along on the dive with the three nudibranches together. Was new camera and that fairly powerful lens is tricky to use on drift dives without tearing up the reef and/or the camera since you have to be really really close to subject as you know. I took it along a few dives later for the much smaller nudi. Picture still not that great due to cropping, but that nudi was probably 1/4 the size of the each of three together (looked like a black speck in the sand when DM pointed it out—fraction the size of fingernail ). Even got a couple of scorpionfish eye (and only fish eye) shots on dive with that lens. Was a lot easier on sandy bottom outside of park with less current, but still tricky. Can even be tricky on land doing trial runs .

Bottom line : have macro lens (and now another less powerful and easier to use one )—working on learning how to use them. My camera (RX100 VII) in general is tougher to use for super macro (knew that when I bought it ). Olympus TG6 would be way easier to use for macro. I wanted the slightly larger sensor and more MP of the Sony since I do a lot more cropping than preferable because of currents and the fact I snorkel sometimes. Hopefully I will send better macro pictures in a few weeks

Here is slightly better macro picture

View attachment 611634

Now, that's a close shot of the fringed filefish! Nice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom