Best option for underwater video hands-free

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I rinse and soak in freshwater overnight, then I put the Peak Design in a ultrasonic cleaner to get it really clean. I spray down the unit with food grade silicone so it's safe for the water. It's been holding up well since I bought it years ago. I think I can take the whole unit apart to just knobs and springs, too. It's been awhile since I dove with my set up. I last dove in December due to the restrictions.

From my limited experience, wide angle angle shots and moving slow. For closer shots when editing, 1-2 seconds of one image, ie, fish or invertebrate, and cut to the next scene. But really, moving slow and drifting along is the best way for me. I try not to pan and scan with the camera. If you have bad buoyancy control, perfect that before attempting the next challenge. If they made an underwater gimbal, that would be the ticket to less motion sick inducing videos. I'm using a GoPro 4,GoPro7, and Veho K2, nothing fancy.

Back
Top Bottom