Current Restaurant Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don Jose's on Benito Juarez between 15 and 20

We'll be staying at Blue Angel and we don't mind a walk (i.e. into town)
I started going to Cozumel almost 20 years ago and it was too far to walk for me then. Ask the hotel clerk how much a taxi is to the square downtown, agree on that price with the driver before boarding, and enjoy your vacation. It won't be much, much cheaper in Pesos than USDs.

Ohana is owned and operated by Blue Angel DM Mateo and his wife.
I don't see any hours on their site. Google maps claims 5 pm until midnight, but Tripadvisor says 5 am until 10 pm. Do you know? Oh, their FB page says 3:00 PM - 8:45 PM, I guess it varies with seasons.

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are planning on walking a lot at night I would bring bug spray or buy it at Mega/Chedraui. Mosquitoes were awful at this time last year. Were not too bad last week (I am off island now ) , but if you are going to be taking 20 minute each way walks into town I would definitely have some on hand

EDIT: You might not need it , but I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it :).
Spray early and often.

Thanks for the recommendations and tips all! Much appreciated!

It won't be much, much cheaper in Pesos than USDs.
Oops, I meant to say the opposite, as paying with Peso almost always is cheaper, and taxi drivers can give the worst conversion rates.

I took a taxi to town and my look at the zone charts said was $70. I gave him a $100 peso And got out with the intent of calling it even since he was so friendly. He called out amigo and I thought uh oh here we go, and then he held out my change. I kid you not.

I took a taxi to town and my look at the zone charts said was $70. I gave him a $100 peso And got out with the intent of calling it even since he was so friendly. He called out amigo and I thought uh oh here we go, and then he held out my change. I kid you not.
That is unusual!! Very nice. I've read many stories about cabs. Overall, we have had good experiences. I did have a conversation with a cruise passenger I met one day who had paid a ridiculous price in dollars...

Nothing wrong with any of the other recommendations listed here, but Pancho’s Backyard still hadn’t reopened as of last week

Pancho's is now open, I think their first day was earlier this week, like maybe Monday. We had dinner there last night, and it was very good. They're actually sitting most of the diners outside the front door on a new patio that they've constructed. Makes for a very good view of the water while you're dining although you need to be comfortable with the Melgar traffic being just a few feet away from your table. They also have a couple tables inside for those who want a/c (or no traffic noise).

Back
Top Bottom