Where did you solo dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a fantastic solo dive on the Castor in Boynton Beach, Florida yesterday off Starfish. Very little current, it was so nice to be able to swim around and not have to hold on for dear life. Water was 84 degrees, visibility about 40 feet.

Quite a few Goliath Grouper on the wreck, mostly at the stern. Fair amount of bait and Jacks. Saw one of the Bulls cruising by the port/east side. Highlight was a large group of Goliath stacked up off the port bow, approximately on the route of the chain in the sand. You don't get to see these when the current is up.

Nineteen put a damper on this morning's dives, maybe this afternoon if I'm lucky

Cow Bay, NS in 17' water. Lost a weight pouch. Found it. Spring fin strap broke. Crawled out in waves over basketball size rocks. What a fun day.............

Ivy Lea Park, Thousand Islands, Ontario. Temp has dropped to 68F and viz has opened up to 20’, better viz at 125’ than above 25’.

Ivy Lea Park, Thousand Islands, Ontario. Temp has dropped to 68F and viz has opened up to 20’, better viz at 125’ than above 25’.

Brrrrrrr that's dry suit with tons of undergarments right?

Bay of Fundy at McCann Head, just a few km from St. Andrews New Brunswick. Pretty shallow looking for critters with my GoPro; but 60 minutes. Also assisted to set up a dive event which resulted in a solo return due to the sediment stirred up placing props in the water. Plan was to be ready to be solo if visibility failed so almost two full solo dives today lol.

Brrrrrrr that's dry suit with tons of undergarments right?
Drysuit with light undergarments

Once it gets below 65F I put on a heavier weight of undergarment.

And once it’s below 39F I’m using my suit heater.

And once it’s below 39F I’m using my suit heater.

Different likes for sure.
I never could adapt to the cold, maybe because I new it was just temporarily for me.
Below 39? Not water, not air, not even my drinks are that cold.

Got a solo dive in yesterday, working on skills in a calm shallow lake with limited visibility about 30 miles from my house. I dove for 47 minutes in 20-24 ft of water, 6 ft vis and 48F temperature; it was definitely nice to chill, work on frog, helicopter and back kicks, DSMB deployment as well as buoyancy and trim.

Back
Top Bottom