Where to find good, cheap single-gauge boot?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Watch out for shipping cost.

He’s in the Georgia north of Florida where Piranha is. I’m betting shipping won’t be that bad.

Watch out for shipping cost.

It would be about 6.50 if ordering just that one item for standard USPS ground. Next day shipping would be more.

Piranha used to have free shipping if your total order was more than $84 or something like that. So if you need more stuff you may qualify for that but I don't know if that is still offered or not.

Hello. I agree. The T.O.S. specifically states......."All replies to the O.P. should stay on topic for at least 2.5 responses, then a slight redirection, followed by a wild tangent sending it completely of the rails.
:cheers:

to answer the original question, this one should be fine and is only 8.00 shipped

OMS Pressure Gauge (SPG) Boots | eBay

I used to have an OMS with what should be the same boot - sold it because the gauge face was too busy. boot should fit any standard Termo B&G SPG

To support the tangent - why bother? it doesn't really need one. It's just a place to grow salt crystals. If the naked SPG gets scratched up, who cares? If it gets banged hard enough to damage, the boot probably wouldn't have helped.

Reactions: Ana
Thanks to all for the replies, (including the
amusing,off-topic ones!)
Anyway ,this would be going on a sidemount reg for fresh water caves,no salt. Also,I just prefer to protect gauges from banging into rocks and stuff, call it a personal quirk.
The above link to the OMS units appear to be the best deal running,so thanks to Sean for that.
Now everyone has my blessing to drive this one over a cliff !!! :)

Thanks to all for the replies, (including the
amusing,off-topic ones!)
Anyway ,this would be going on a sidemount reg for fresh water caves,no salt. Also,I just prefer to protect gauges from banging into rocks and stuff, call it a personal quirk.
The above link to the OMS units appear to be the best deal running,so thanks to Sean for that.
Now everyone has my blessing to drive this one over a cliff !!! :)

For what its worth, boots on SPGs are usually not used in cave diving. At least that's my experience in Florida. It's an extra entanglement hazard that can lead to the SPG getting wedged in some tight spaces.

2"Travel mode 2"Dive mode
548716-1fdc1ad8689331bb1a2eee59ad7d77e0.jpg
20200917_102735.jpg

Attachments

• 20200917_102654.jpg
    20200917_102654.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 20200917_102735.jpg
    20200917_102735.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 67
...And besides, I’ve been holding everything in this week and it’s about time for a meltdown. A thread about a boot for an SPG seems like a good place to have one.

Let’s do this.
There's a perfectly good Spare Air thread going on if you feel a need to bang your head on a wall.

But I'm in the no boot on a (metal) spg camp. The drag reduction benefits alone... :)

Back
Top Bottom