Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Meanwhile I called Seaskin and they explained why the drain and extra room "issues" are "working as intended" (first drysuit that I bought so still I was not aware of some basic stuff).

The "potential ungluing" is a section of the warm neck that seems to be less glued than the rest (picture attached). Probably I'm nitpicking...
While I don’t know if the warm neck will come onglued, it would probably be an easy fix if it does sometime in the future, it isn’t a critical system.

stuartv - thanks for your comments on the dump valve placement. I don't dive doubles, and don't intend to. Thus far, the few replies that I've received do not indicate that the location is an issue.

stuartv - thanks for your comments on the dump valve placement. I don't dive doubles, and don't intend to. Thus far, the few replies that I've received do not indicate that the location is an issue.

For the record, I said doubles, but I don't think it matters whether I have 1 tank or 2 on my back. The BP and harness are the same, either way. It's mainly an issue of the flexibility I have when wearing thick undergarments.

Anyway, I have the standard dump valve placement and I have no complaints.

Two additional questions:
1) What did you do with the excess of the crotch band (image attached)? Did you cut it?
2) I had a si-tech trigon pee valve installed but I am not going to use for now. Should I remove the hose? Do I need to do anything to make sure that it is closed (to avoid water entering through the valve)?

Attachments

• Capturar.PNG
    Capturar.PNG
    72.8 KB · Views: 134
I haven't done anything with the crotch band. What I want to do is get the end sewn folded over, so it can't pull out of the buckle. Same for the ends of the suspenders.

I dived mine with the Trigon unused for months. I see no reason to remove the hose. When I dive with it not hooked up, I just loop the hose up and then down into the other leg of the suit. There is nothing to do to make sure it's closed.

I haven’t done anything with the excess, the crotch strap seems to keep it under control. They usually include a ball valve with the valve but you can plug it with the red hose protectors that most people have lying around.

I haven’t done anything with the excess, the crotch strap seems to keep it under control. They usually include a ball valve with the valve but you can plug it with the red hose protectors that most people have lying around.

I'm not saying that a plug/cap is a bad idea. I don't think it is. But, I did dive mine with nothing to plug the end of the hose for months and never had any water come in through the Trigon.

I'm not saying that a plug/cap is a bad idea. I don't think it is. But, I did dive mine with nothing to plug the end of the hose for months and never had any water come in through the Trigon.
Agreed but I was going with the assumption that he may worry about the “open” line.

Agreed but I was going with the assumption that he may worry about the “open” line.

Understood.

I left mine open on purpose. I figured if the mushroom valve leaked, it would become obvious. If I plugged it, then I would not know if the mushroom was leaking.

Of course, now I have a dry break QD fitting in the hose, so when it's not being used, it IS plugged.

Back
Top Bottom