Compass Preference

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i've had bad luck with suunto compasses. they all develop a bubble after 2 years or so and then start sticking. i would go with the dgx tech compass instead.

Suunto SK7 bungee mounted on my right wrist or clipped off on a D-ring (NOT on a retractor). I have 2 SK7s in bungee boots. One is rigged for bungee mounting on my wrist and the other has a bolt snap attached. Depending upon my gear configuration I will use one or the other. But I NEVER dive without one of them. I've had them both for well over a decade without any issues whatsoever.

I'm in the market for a new compass.

Last one I had was an SK-7 in a DSS bungee mount (worked great).

Is the SK-8 the newest replacement for the SK-7? Any substantial differences between those two models? Should I just grab the newer SK-8?

What are people doing for bungee mounts? Is there an alternative to DSS (since Tobin has retired)?

Thanks!

The SK8 is the successor model for the now-discontinued SK7. It's available either with a wrist strap or a bungee mount as original equipment. Choose your model accordingly.

I use an XS Scuba hose-mount affair. Though the dial can on occasion be difficult to turn with a gloved hand, I like the unit.

SK7 coz it's not broken. I wear it atop hand. I wish someone would make a colour one, low viz and ageing eyes not a great combination.

3DBDF100-BF3D-47BB-AAC6-0CE393A8CD9E.jpeg
5A49C138-CB46-4459-9E51-8F373327DCC7.jpeg
A0825587-D312-4625-9DFB-FC96DF0491D0.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom