Greetings from North Carolina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt Lochansky

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi All,

I am a pretty new diver in the Raleigh, NC area. My wife surprised me with the class as an early birthday present and I've been thinking of all the things to do (and gear to buy!) since. I completed my open water in July and after doing a few local freshwater dives, I had my first ocean experience last weekend.

My primary reason for getting started was to support my daughter. She is 12 and completed her open water in 2019. She wants to be a marine biologist, but regardless, she loves being in the water. We have a great family friend as her dive buddy, but with me certified it's a bit easier and something she and I can do together through her teenage years.

Hi All,

I am a pretty new diver in the Raleigh, NC area. My wife surprised me with the class as an early birthday present and I've been thinking of all the things to do (and gear to buy!) since. I completed my open water in July and after doing a few local freshwater dives, I had my first ocean experience last weekend.

My primary reason for getting started was to support my daughter. She is 12 and completed her open water in 2019. She wants to be a marine biologist, but regardless, she loves being in the water. We have a great family friend as her dive buddy, but with me certified it's a bit easier and something she and I can do together through her teenage years.
Hello. That is completely awesome. I hope she teaches you well. :cool:
Welcome to the board.
Cheers.

Welcome fellow Tarheel! You're in a great location for some decent quarries and not a bad drive to dive some excellent wrecks off the coast.
Hello. One of my absolute favorite places...."The graveyard of the Atlantic." Did someone say....Purifoy?
Cheers.

I'm in Raleigh as well. Say hi if you want to hit the water!!

Welcome! My son was my motivating reason to finally get certified, and we did when he was 13. It's been great learning and diving together. Half the fun for me is watching him eagerly exploring the underwater world. Great bonding experience! I'd give anything if I could get my daughter to dive also.

Welcome to the board and diving. The Down Under club is still active with a lot of members, please come join us....if this covid mess will ever go away. There is also a Raleigh area divers group on facebook .
Down Under Divers Club
Down Under Divers Club
Facebook Groups

Welcome to SB. I, too, am in NC although a wee bit more to the west. If you and your daughter ever want to venture this way, I live only 4 miles from Blue Stone Dive Resort just outside Thomasville. My wife and I, along with our 12 year old granddaughter, would be happy to meet you there for some diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom