No advice needed just stoked to say...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

54 degrees!!! That's brutal. If I were them I'd never go diving with you again.**

No, really, congratulations. There are very few things better than diving with your children.

54 degrees!!! That's brutal. If I were them I'd never go diving with you again.**

No, really, congratulations. There are very few things better than diving with your children.

lol... That was pleasantly warm for our local diving! I'm doing a deep dive today to certify a student as a 'Deep Diver" and to check that workshop off my DM list... expecting 5c water at 30m (41f at 98')

And today’s coldest dive... warmer than expected at 41.9f lol
432C8265-3C60-4956-BEF6-A3B61AD23909.png

Their first two fun dives are in their logbooks! My stepson is an absolute natural. He was dead flat, hands clasped and aware of his position at all times. My stepdaughter had a blast but has been a water baby forever and loves to swim so I have to help her unlearn that the same way I did (lots of sculling, never perfectly still). They are hooked though and super excited to spend weekends underwater with me next summer!

My LDS's annual tank and lead order is being placed so I ordered two sets of lead and 4 HP80 tanks. They're smaller in stature so the shorter HP80 is going to be a great fit. They'll also make great tanks for me to use when DM'ing in the pool or workshops.

Wetsuits, fins and regulators to be acquired throughout the winter before the spring season starts. Tusa's custom prescription mask (in the picture) worked great for her wacky eyes lol (SPH -1.25/+0.20 with axis of 148/15)

I'm also going to build out a shore-dive trailer with tank racks, suit hanging rods, glove and boot dryers, floor drainage, powered ventilation, save-a-dive work table and a battery charging station so we can just plug it in at either the cottage or in my garage. The gear can dry and stay in one portable unit. My van has been great but there's not room for three divers and a weekend worth of food and clothes lol. Tired of all the work after unpacking gear and drying it.
Just have to do a mock-up to see if a 4x6 is enough or if I need to jump to a 5x8

DSC00279ps (Custom).jpg

And so it begins... just placed an order with my LDS...

4 HP80’s
2 sets of lead
2 Cold rated regulator sets
3 BPW’s (I’m getting one too)
2 sets of exposure gear
2 dive computers
2 sets of Masks, fins and snorkels
2 dive lights
2 cutters

Now I just have to go get the enclosed trailer to house all of this and my own gear

4 HP80’s
2 sets of lead
2 sets of exposure gear
2 dive computers
2 dive lights
2 cutters

Now I just have to go get the enclosed trailer to house all of this and my own gear
The cost of the equipment etc will be worth it to have the enjoyment of diving with your family which, in my opinion is priceless.

Well, that is quite some list!

HP80s are great little tanks.

4 HP80’s
2 sets of lead
2 sets of exposure gear
2 dive computers
2 dive lights
2 cutters

That's one happy LDS owner, two happy kids and a happy dad. All's good in the neighborhood this weekend :).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom