DSS cam strap tension pad?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aqua-Andy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was wondering if anyone knew of a source for DSS cam strap tension pads? I have already checked NorthEast scuba and did not see any on the site. Tobin may of been a grouchy son of a bi*** but he did have some innovative products that made life easier. I have a couple of the tension pads but would like to put them on all the rigs in the household. I have been swapping mine from my regular STA to my weighted STA and they are starting to tear.

So after searching for over a year for the DSS cam strap tension pads and finding none I decided to make some myself. I used some sheet rubber I had left over from another project and cut it out to size, punched some holes and then connected the holes with a slit. I've used these pads for about a dozen dives now and feel that they work as well as the originals. The DSS pads probably do work better as the shape gives them a higher point load but the knockoffs work just fine. I now have these on all our BCs.

Attachments

• thumbnail_Image (1).jpg
    thumbnail_Image (1).jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 73
  • thumbnail_Image (2).jpg
    thumbnail_Image (2).jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 73
  • thumbnail_Image.jpg
    thumbnail_Image.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 78
I have two new ones, I don't use them, if anyone wants them they are yours for price of shipping, two new DSS cam bands too, I'll never use them, anyone's for shipping and a little extra for a Redbull. Message me if anyone is interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom