When you going Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:rofl3:

The Persian Gulf is screwed off Dubai and Abu Dhabi thanks to some bright ideas about building palms etc from sand.

The reef off Jebel Ali which was home to Dugongs back in 1997 is no more and the Dugongs disappeared.
A great pity 'sear' was the diving always murky?

You could always head up to Solitary Islands or Julian Rocks off Byron Bay, water is 21°C at the moment and will be going up soon enough. Both sites offer some excellent diving.

IMG_20200919_095623127_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200919_095627397.jpg
IMG_20200919_101747684.jpg
The answer to "When" is in about 60-65 minutes.
As soon as my husband finishes his dive.
I was hoping for less than 3 feet seas and the ocean gave me a nice flat surface.
Not sure if the photo shows enough of his tank and fins at about 50 feet seen from the boat

Yes, it looks like my husband and I will be out there tomorrow. Got busy last weekend and didn't dive, definetly looking forward to it.
So you use Haulover? Is it as difficult as the YouTube videos show?
For us the Hillsboro inlet is just 30-40 minutes so we use it exclusively.

I have only recently been made aware of the “Haulover Daily” site on You Tube. I took a quick look at some of the trials and missteps made by boaters navigating the inlet, and a little bit of that sort of video goes a long way: I cannot imagine that I’ll have any burning desire to visit that website again.

During my recent passages thru the inlet, I’ve noticed a few folks arrayed along the jetty on the south side of the channel who’ve been equipped with cameras on tripods, so I presume that these are the people responsible for the You Tube content.

Haulover is not the most harrowing inlet to navigate that I know of in SE Florida, but it can be challenging, (particularly during high flow on an outgoing tide,) for inexperienced boat drivers, the unwary, uninformed, unobservant, intoxicated, or those cursed by paralyzing stupidity.

Reactions: Ana
View attachment 613007 View attachment 613008 View attachment 613009 The answer to "When" is in about 60-65 minutes.
As soon as my husband finishes his dive.
I was hoping for less than 3 feet seas and the ocean gave me a nice flat surface.
Not sure if the photo shows enough of his tank and fins at about 50 feet seen from the boat
Ana - You really know how to hurt a guy. I pity your poor husband!

Ana - You really know how to hurt a guy. I pity your poor husband!
Nah... don't pity him.
He's a happy guy, yes he has to dive first so I know which way is the current going (today it was going south) but is that such a terrible chore?

Ana: Depends on the current. Waving goodbye on a rip current may influence him a bit.
I was actually referring to the pain you were causing me with your photo's of flat seas and clear water!

We went to Catalina on Saturday looking for mantis shrimps (Catalina is not a place for macro in general, for that we dive Palos Verdes) and found this nice little orange throat pikeblenny in his tube. One of our buddies got one in full display mode, I only got to see him looking at me and saying (probably) you are no threat buddy.
Bill
pikeblenny 9-19.jpg

Never heard of Catalina, looked it up and it seems nice. I might be able to dive the far north barrier reef if the state of Queensland opens up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom