Do You Dream About Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This dream, about 1 year ago, was all on land, but started out diving related. I was walking around geared up, happy to start a dive at my most common local shore dive site - except of course it was transformed into a magical dreamscape, with puddles and trees and like amusement attractions.

There was a friendly sea lion scampering around playing (the local site in real life is the best site for sea lion encounters (Breakwater in Monterey)). Dream started very happy and playful. At some point I understood that the sea lion was my dog - Mafalda. I was delighted to see her running around, as in real life, she was very old, and could only walk slowly.

But then the sea lion started running interference for me, trying to warn me about something dangerous. There was a lion and tiger on the loose. The dream turned ominous, I felt in danger. The sea lion turned into Mafalda the dog, and she lured the lion & tiger away from me. She was so fast and dynamic, like in her youth! She kept running up into trees to lure them, and running down again when they started coming after me. At a certain point, they treed her and stayed near the tree. I felt helpless, I tried to lure them away, I threw things at them, but they wouldnt move. I was too afraid to attack them. Sadly, I understood that she would not survive. I felt guilty because I had been walking around blissfully without recognizing danger and because I wouldn't attack the lion and tiger.

This was right around the time when we knew Mafalda was on her way out (she passed in December - 14 years old, a mutt, but she looked like a black lab crossed with a Chow Chow), so the dream was obviously more about my appreciation for her (she was an awesome dog), but it started out diving related. At the end though, the setting was a savannah.

I think I have dreamt about being underwater before, but nothing I can recall vividly, like this dream.

I dream I am underwater, but never on scuba. In my dream(s) I can breath underwater, so I hang out because it’s cool. Often my house is flooded, the water is clear, and there are fish swimming around in my living room.

I also dream I can fly (I have to flap my arms to get airborne), but then I can just soar. I guess the flying dreams should be a different forum, or maybe a different thread.

I dream I am underwater, but never on scuba. In my dream(s) I can breath underwater, so I hang out because it’s cool. Often my house is flooded, the water is clear, and there are fish swimming around in my living room.

I also dream I can fly (I have to flap my arms to get airborne), but then I can just soar. I guess the flying dreams should be a different forum, or maybe a different thread.
I used to have flying dreams, but unfortunately not anymore.
They were the most fun.

I lust had a dream last night that I was diving in a cenote that was full to the top and overflowing to create a shallow pool at the surface. I waded in with all my scuba gear on and swam back and forth across the surface waiting on the others who were supposed to join me. They were slow so I proceeded to the opening at the bottom of the shallow pool and descended into the cenote where it was very peaceful and the beams of shimmering light were intense in the center but just barely illuminated the walls. I circled the beam of light and descended all the way to the bottom. Next thing I knew I was back on the surface and the rest of the people who would be diving with me were there and almost ready to enter the water. Then I woke up.

This dream is definitely fueled by my reading several posts here about cenote diving over the last week and my anticipation of diving New Mexico Blue Hole a few weeks from now.

I have had many of the water and flying dreams mentioned in posts above.

One diving dream that I have had was of a typical normal dive, until ii woke up. Then I realized that I had wet the bed.:eek:

Oddly, I rarely dream of actually diving but I dream that I'm some place at which, I intend to dive. More often than not, it is San Pedro, Belize. Of course, it looks nothing like San Pedro in real life, regardless dream me knows that is where I am. There's often searching for people or places and a little partying. So some fun, some frustration.

Even though I have never been to Australia, I once had a vivid dream of flying there to dive. Very surreal of course.

In a few others, I've been somewhere that dream me believed to be SE Asia and somehow instead of diving as intended, ended up deep in the jungle on a hike. Frustrating stuff when dream me just wants to go diving!

I have them quite often. Most take place hunkered down in a dive boat pitching in very rough seas. Our favorite captain is always at the helm. He used to take us out when NOBODY else would (sadly he sold his boat/business a few years ago), so I understand the context. Others typically happen in Bonaire and are unremarkable. Had one just the other night where I was swimming all over the place and suddenly realized I didn’t have or need a regulator. Great dream! If I discussed any of my other dreams a physiocratic evaluation would be necessary followed by intense shock therapy.

When I had sleep apnea I'd dream I was underwater holding my breath (because I was holding my breath) trying to make it to the surface before I drown. I'd wake up breathless. More like a nightmare.

Lots of them, even breathing with out a tank at all,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom