Old Apeks regulator identification?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Caveman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have spotted this Apeks regulator stage set for sale on the local second hand listings for a very reasonable price but I do not recognise the 2nd stage.
09995a6a79164d96b72a0ada987cd89e.jpg

The 1st stage looks like a DST unless I am mistaken but I have never seen the 2nd stage before. It looks like an older version of the AT/ATX but I can't be sure.

Can anyone help identify it? Thanks.

DST 1st stage (currently designated XTX50 in the US) with a TX40 second stage.

Aside from cosmetic changes, Apeks regs havent changed much over the years (which is good). I dont think the second stage can be reversed like current models - could be wrong.

Apeks replacement parts can be expensive. I’ve seen a lot of older Apeks second stages with cracked housings and deformed (warped) diaphragm striking disc. They seem to warp after sitting for a while. Not a deal breaker but something to keep in mind.

Yes Apeks parts are a bit pricey.

Havent come across a cracked housing but Ive seen many warped diaphragms. If you soak them in hot water with a flat weight on them until it cools down they usually straighten out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom