wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Been diving a long time but age has caught up and getting colder with out a suit. I've shied away due to the difficulties getting them on and off. I see divers struggle all the time. I have old rotator cuff issues. Can you recommend wetsuits that are easy to get on and off and are of good quality? Also, is a 2 piece suite as good as a one piece? Thanks.

Do you believe that you need a full suit, if you've been diving without one?

Have a look at EZ-ON WETSUIT from wetwear.com. There's a video right on their home page.
I've had one since 2015 and it's great.

I was looking at the w5 but couldnt really find any reviews..

I picked up the new W5 a few months ago. Got to do some North Carolina diving with it over labor day.

Water temps were 77. It was plenty warm.

Very easy to get on an off, all the zips in the wrists, ankles, neck help a ton.

If it fits you, i'd recommend.

How will this wetsuit help the OP with the shoulder problem getting in and out of the suit?

It has zippers on the cuffs and when coupled with the neoskin you really slide in and out pretty easily. The rear zipper will add a little difficulty to it but with the long pull cord attach it's not that bad. Even better if you have a buddy zip it up.

I picked up the new W5 a few months ago. Got to do some North Carolina diving with it over labor day.

Water temps were 77. It was plenty warm.

Very easy to get on an off, all the zips in the wrists, ankles, neck help a ton.

If it fits you, i'd recommend.

What does W5 mean, is that a brand??

Been diving a long time but age has caught up and getting colder with out a suit. I've shied away due to the difficulties getting them on and off. I see divers struggle all the time. I have old rotator cuff issues. Can you recommend wetsuits that are easy to get on and off and are of good quality? Also, is a 2 piece suite as good as a one piece? Thanks.
get yourself a rash guard, it will help with donning and doffing your wetsuit, wet neoprene slides better over wet neoprene than bare skin. some of the above mentioned wetsuits will keep you warm, but your question pertains to taking it off...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom