Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, I'm not sure if I would be able to reach the dump valve if it were the DIR placement. I probably could, but I am certain it would be harder than reaching the stock position.
Just for the record:
in Weezle Extreme Plus undersuit have no any single problem with reaching DIR valve position on my Nova.

Two additional questions:
1) What did you do with the excess of the crotch band (image attached)? Did you cut it?
2) I had a si-tech trigon pee valve installed but I am not going to use for now. Should I remove the hose? Do I need to do anything to make sure that it is closed (to avoid water entering through the valve)?

The excess crotch strap on my suit was ridiculously long. I cut it off, leaving about 6" beyond where I needed it adjusted to. The buckle promptly fell off and it wouldn't stay on. WTF. So, I sewed the end. I think if you don't plan to sew the end, you better not trim it, even though it seems like it's way too long.

I want to do something to the end of the crotch strap and also the ends of the suspenders, to keep them from coming loose. The suspenders are kind of thick. Probably too thick to sew with a normal sewing machine.

Is there any other way to fold over the ends of all these straps and secure them? There has to be some alternative to sewing...?

I guess I could try finding a plastic tri-slide of the right width of each of them and just put the strap through it then fold it back on itself? Or put the tri-slide the QR buckle that would then also semi-permanently set the length of the strap?

Hmmmm....

I want to do something to the end of the crotch strap and also the ends of the suspenders, to keep them from coming loose. The suspenders are kind of thick. Probably too thick to sew with a normal sewing machine.

Is there any other way to fold over the ends of all these straps and secure them? There has to be some alternative to sewing...?

I guess I could try finding a plastic tri-slide of the right width of each of them and just put the strap through it then fold it back on itself? Or put the tri-slide the QR buckle that would then also semi-permanently set the length of the strap?

Hmmmm....
I just tied a knot

Back
Top Bottom