Blackwater Diving Recommendations in West Palm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

living4experiences

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm heading to southeast Florida/West Palm Beach next month and looking for dive ops that do blackwater diving. I know of Pura Vida and Walkers. Any other recommendations between Ft. Lauderdale and West Palm?

Force E Scuba in Boca Raton does them.

Force-E doesn't have their own boats. They book on local charter boats except for Pura Vida since they are a direct shop competitor. Force-E typically books on Walkers when diving Palm Beach.

Force-E doesn't have their own boats. They book on local charter boats except for Pura Vida since they are a direct shop competitor. Force-E typically books on Walkers when diving Palm Beach.
I was shopping there last week and overheard one of the people there was taking a group out last week. I’m not sure how they arrange their charters but was using South Florida Dive Headquarters in Pompano For that dive IIRC.

I'm heading to southeast Florida/West Palm Beach next month and looking for dive ops that do blackwater diving. I know of Pura Vida and Walkers. Any other recommendations between Ft. Lauderdale and West Palm?

Those are the only two I am aware of.

As others have said, Pura Vida and Walker's Dive Charters are the only two operations in the whole area doing black water dives. Pura Vida goes out on Monday, Thursday and Saturday. Force E uses Walker's operation, which goes out generally on Sunday, Wednesday and Friday. The actual mechanics of the dives are very similar on both boats.

I’ve made blackwater dives with both of these outfits and they are each delightful. Protocols are very similar, and the only major difference between them is that Pura Vida offers 90 minute dives, and Walker’s offers a 120 minute limit.*

*I’ve not been out on a commercial vessel since the beginning of the Covid-19 crisis. These were the time limits as of this past February.

A question for those who have done these dives. For those who are not macro photographers is there anything to see? Is it worth the cost?

I've never done one of these primarily because I'm not a photographer and certainly don't do macro. I'm just a point-and-shoot GoPro hack. I'm assuming there really isn't much point to these if you're not a macro photographer with a nice camera/light setup.

What am I missing (if anything)?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom