Herd Immunity in Indonesia

Would you travel to Indonesia after they have accomplished herd immunity?

• Yes

Votes: 23 37.7%
  • No

Votes: 38 62.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Death is the greatest primordial fear of humans, so yes, it absolutely does MATTER

Let's be perfectly honest here, if I was to make the same comments as you, ie "Does it matter? Death is not the greatest fear" , I would be berated by a barrage of "pro-covid" supporters

Would you rather live disabled? Unable to enjoy that you are alive the way that you have up until this time?

Death is the greatest primordial fear of humans, so yes, it absolutely does MATTER

Let's be perfectly honest here, if I was to make the same comments as you, ie "Does it matter? Death is not the greatest fear" , I would be berated by a barrage of "pro-covid" supporters
The longest-lived and the shortest-lived man, when they come to die, lose one and the same thing (Marcus Aurelius). To be free you have to overcome the fear of death. We all have been dead (non existent) for a very long time before a birth and will be dead again for a very long time. Best text on a grave: I was not, I was, I am not. So what?

Would you rather live disabled? Unable to enjoy that you are alive the way that you have up until this time?
I know very disabled people living an amazing life. The slogan that your health, whatever that is, is the most important is not correct in my opinion. Living a meaningful, virtuous and thus happy life should be the goal.

The longest-lived and the shortest-lived man, when they come to die, lose one and the same thing (Marcus Aurelius). To be free you have to overcome the fear of death. We all have been dead (non existent) for a very long time before a birth and will be dead again for a very long time. Best text on a grave: I was not, I was, I am not. So what?

Marcus Aurelius was probably chillin with a few mistresses, sippin fine wine from a golden wine goblet, feeding his pet tigers in his palacial suite when he wrote that, not living in isolation without a job or income with hungry kids to feed

Marcus Aurelius was probably chillin with a few mistresses, sippin fine wine from a golden wine goblet, feeding his pet tigers in his palacial suite when he wrote that, not living in isolation without a job or income with hungry kids to feed
He was in a tent at the shores of the river Danau. Fighting a war while being very sick.

You have definitely no clue who he was. This gives an impression of his ideas about life and death: If you do the job in a principled way, with diligence, energy and patience, if you keep yourself free of distractions, and keep the spirit inside you undamaged, as if you might have to give it back at any moment— If you can embrace this without fear or expectation—can find fulfillment in what you’re doing now, as Nature intended, and in superhuman truthfulness (every word, every utterance)—then your life will be happy.

You have definitely no clue who he was. This gives an impression of his ideas about life and death: If you do the job in a principled way, with diligence, energy and patience, if you keep yourself free of distractions, and keep the spirit inside you undamaged, as if you might have to give it back at any moment— If you can embrace this without fear or expectation—can find fulfillment in what you’re doing now, as Nature intended, and in superhuman truthfulness (every word, every utterance)—then your life will be happy.

That sounds like some good principles to apply in life

Back
Top Bottom