Mounting Stainless BP to HTS2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gjrleblanc

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I purchased a Hollis HTS2 harness with the thoughts of adding a stainless backplate. I can't find much documentation on how exactly to do it. I have tried multiple times and either something on the harness is off on the grommet holes or I really don't know what I am doing (most likely the latter). Any help in attaching would be appreciated. not much help on the Hollis site either. They said the stainless backplate is compatible but no additional details. I have a question out to their technical support team.

Are you saying the holes in the harness don't match your plate? At minute 2:00 of they look to be normally spaced. I would assume the order to be STA or doubles, wing, plate, and harness.

Yes the hip grommet holes on either side of the spine are not equal distant with respect to the spine. Just wondering if that is overkill trying to get all three bottom holes to line up with the plate. Attached are some pictures to hopefully provided better details.
IMG_7257 copy.jpg
IMG_7256 copy.jpg

I had a similar issue with someone who bought that same setup off of the internet. He was upset that the holes didn't line up properly. He kept referring to the plate as a weight plate. It was the first time I had seen someone try to use a soft plate and harness with a regular hard plate at the same time.

He insisted that’s what he wanted to do.

It’s been a while, but iirc it required redrilling or enlarging some some holes in the backplate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom