Hello from Idaho

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gjrleblanc

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Ok Idaho isn't your typical dive destination, but if you search hard enough and are adventurous there is some pretty cool stuff. I learned to dive on assignment in Taiwan. My instructor could speak little english, but because it was PADI and international, once we were under water we could communicate perfectly. I moved to Idaho and picked up diving with a work mate. He introduced me to lake diving. And 5 years later I introduced him to river and drift diving. Last year I became advanced and drysuit certified under NAUI. I love my drysuit and have already done 38deg water dives. I still have a ton of questions and always will. I hope to never stop learning and advancing in diving. I am looking to learn from all the experience of the members on the scuba board.

Welcome. Have you dived in those two lakes in the panhandle (Pend'Orille, CourDe Laine--sp...)?

I have in Coeur d'Alene, viz was ok for a lake at around 10 to 15'. Lots of fish and unfortunately trash on the bottom. The best I have found is Redfish Lake it is super clear about 50 viz, lots of fish and interesting rock formations.

Ok Idaho isn't your typical dive destination, but if you search hard enough and are adventurous there is some pretty cool stuff. I learned to dive on assignment in Taiwan. My instructor could speak little english, but because it was PADI and international, once we were under water we could communicate perfectly. I moved to Idaho and picked up diving with a work mate. He introduced me to lake diving. And 5 years later I introduced him to river and drift diving. Last year I became advanced and drysuit certified under NAUI. I love my drysuit and have already done 38deg water dives. I still have a ton of questions and always will. I hope to never stop learning and advancing in diving. I am looking to learn from all the experience of the members on the scuba board.

Welcome to Scubaboard! We're very pleased to have you join us and look forward to reading your contributions.

There's definitely lots to learn here, so you've come to the right place.

Welcome to Scubaboard.

I guess you had to thoroughly review the diving at altitude info when you moved there from sea level.:)

My mom lives near Driggs, but I confess I've never thought of diving on my visits there.

Welcome!

Welcome to Scubaboard.

I guess you had to thoroughly review the diving at altitude info when you moved there from sea level.:)

My mom lives near Driggs, but I confess I've never thought of diving on my visits there.

I have heard there is good diving in Yellowstone lake. If you can get thru all the people.

I have heard there is good diving in Yellowstone lake. If you can get thru all the people.
I may just do that next summer. It looks like there's a shop in Jackson WY to rent tanks. I'll at least give them a call before I go and ask about local diving.

Back
Top Bottom