Herd Immunity in Indonesia

Would you travel to Indonesia after they have accomplished herd immunity?

• Yes

Votes: 23 37.7%
  • No

Votes: 38 62.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And if anyone criticized him, he'd probably have them killed
In his words:
If someone is able to show me that what I think or do is not right, I will happily change, for I seek the truth, by which no one ever was truly harmed. Harmed is the person who continues in his self-deception and ignorance.

I have already believed that I was about to die. Happily it did not come to pass that night. Regardless, I fear it not at this stage of my life, where I am no longer young but further, I am not yet old. But I am closer to old than young.
I have a healthy fear of Covid because of my previous experience.

Diving brings me great joy. I would prefer to take a year off from a fine life, in hopes of being able to return to diving and the life I had planned before Covid.

If I was Germies age, it might have been that I would feel as he does. But I would prefer to believe that my priority would be very similar to what it is now. I choose to be careful, and miss many things this year to try to keep from infecting friends and loved ones and nor do I want to inadvertently infect someone unknown to me, who may infect a chain of others.

I have nothing but immense sympathy for those on Bali, especially the ones that i know well.

And I feel this way for all of the friends that I made over the years in Belize too.

Everyone is suffering but not at the same level.

This thread was originally interesting. Everyone wants to go back to Indo. It's in the Indo forum.

Now it's the usual Covid right vs left political mishmash serving no purpose with regard to any future diving in Indo. Needs to go to the pub where it belongs. Can a mod please oblige?

This thread is about herd immunity which is about Covid.

You shall have to report any threads that you find off topic.

You can call me a pessimist. Life won't be the same ever again!
Who would had predicted such a outcome in the beginning of this year?

You can call me a pessimist. Life won't be the same ever again!
Who would had predicted such a outcome in the beginning of this year?
Hey, life is still amazingly beautiful. We did not get a nuclear war between North Korea and the USA and no destructive solar flare. We are richer than we ever have been with all knowledge, music and movies almost for free through your cellphone. The world is safer than it ever was, less hunger and better overall health. Unless you are a refugee, live in a war zone or an area hit by a natural disaster.
Cheer up. Life will never be as you want it, so better want it as it is.

The coronavirus in the group is not new. It is just a cold, for animals there are vaccines, they have also problems with the animalvaccins. So no, you will not find with only mild symptoms or without symptoms any risks for later. And I have seen with some people I loved that life can be over in a few minutes. So better to live now than to wait, then it can be too late. Yes, I understand different opinions, but for me it is not needed to waiste time of life now as I am in the best period of my life.
For some others, waiting till normal life comes back, it will be too late.

True, in a lot of countries the do this.

And why don't you see a lot of big problems with corona in the poor people groups like in India? That is because they have a better immumsystem because they don't use a lot of hygiene. This is not that I will promote of being not hygienic, but I believe that a strong immune system will help. When I travel to Asia for example, I start in the weeks before I go with eating some bread while working with my horse and dogs without washing hands. The strange or good thing is that I normally don't have problems and people who are using gels, etc the whole time get ill.
Using hand gels is not good. If you read research from a few years ago, they all state it. And now? They advice to wash your hands with these gels. Best is to use normal soap and normal hygiene, after toilet, before preparing food, etc, but not before entering every single shop.

In the numbers of my country you see a lot of new positives (I believe most are false positives), and the number of hospitalised and death are still low. So this means there is no reason anymore to be afraid. Also risks on long term are ********. Why? The coronavirusgroup is not new and animals and humans who had another strain also never had problems on long term if they had a mild infection. Our government states 98% of infections is without symptoms and only 0.035% get on ICU. These numbers are same as with influenza. Older people are more at a still small risk than younger and as with influenza, sometimes a younger person will die. Nothing new, nothing to worry about.
In March, yes, then you had more deads, so then taking some precautions was not bad. But now, we must go back to normal asap to safe lifes (suicides, other patiens like cancer), and safe the economy.
More and more people state that Sweden did the right way and from what I read here, Sweden will not get new problems again. They have more or less a form of herd immunity.
So yes, I will come back to Indonesia if that is opened normal again. And this is also without masks and distance. Our government has stated that masks won't help. This is true. Distance is not human, so bad for your immunesystem and bad for your complete well being. Not all countries do same, here 1.5m, others only 1. 1m feels more or less normal if you are not on a festival. So that is way much better.
Mainstream media all over the world wrote a lot of lies (also conspirancy theorists), and the virus is now more a politics question than a real danger. No government will say we did wrong. Elections are also part of the game here. Because you want to win again.
But as said, I don't know if Indonesia has problems in hospitals. I talk from what I see around me and yes, life sucks now and here no people ill, only maybe infected, but most will be false positive.
Also is already proven that outside, nobody will get infected. It is only inside if there is bad ventilationsystems. But open a window and also this is solved.
But as said, I don't know if it is bad in Indonesia now. But yes, I want to come back if that is possible.
If this post were on Facebook it would be banned as full of false and misleading information.
I really do lose hope for humanity when I read this kind of nonsense.

The world is safer than it ever was, less hunger and better overall health. Unless you are a refugee, live in a war zone or an area hit by a natural disaster.
It has never be the same after 911!
As for the refugee, live in war zone or hit by a natural disaster those have been going for generation and generation. Nothing new!

Look at bright side of life!! Could be a lot worst!

If this post were on Facebook it would be banned as full of false and misleading information.
I really do lose hope for humanity when I read this kind of nonsense.

Wow...you lose hope for humanity because of some posts on a scuba forum??

Back
Top Bottom