Fantasea a6300/6500 Housing Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DevilEyeDog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone been successful with changing out the battery inside the case for the pressure leak test? I found what I think is the battery on Ebay. Comes from China and looks like I'd have to splice the red/black wire together. Fantasea is like a ghost. Can't get a hold of anyone there.
Thanks in advance.

Lithium batteries typically have a +ve and a -ve lead and the other connections usually communicate with internal electronics which perform functions like low voltage shutdown and temperature sensing. Splicing red/black wires together rings alarm bells as those colours are typically the +ve and -ve leads which would of course short the battery. The safest option would probably be to just connect the +ve and -ve leads - you don't know what splicing would do to the battery internals. Presumably you talk about splicing as the battery you are looking at buying has more leads that the one installed in vacuum alarm. More details would help give you some advice.

I wish it were an easy lithium battery. Here's the battery. :eek:
I wish Fantasea would get back to me. I've tried phone and email. Nothing.

Attachments

• Battery.jpg
    Battery.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 70
So is that the proposed new battery? How does that compare to the existing one you want to replace? The existing has extra leads or not?

If both the existing and new battery only have two leads you should be fine - a lithium battery is a lithium battery they only vary in capacity and dimensions (and quality - a lucky dip for a random battery out of China, but that's another story). I note this one says 120mAhr and the Fantasea spec says they use a 110 mA-hr battery. Assuming it will fit properly in place of the old, Double check with a multi meter that red really is positive on both old and new and then de-solder the old and re-solder the new.

If the old battery has extra leads then the new battery may or may not provide low capacity alarms to warn you to recharge. If I were to guess Fantasea would probably offer to sell you the complete PC board with battery installed. Like iPhones and other pre-installed rechargable batteries the manufacturers normally assume you'll buy a new device rather than repair and the replacement battery market becomes a bit of a cottage industry.

It's identical to the current battery except it's 120mah instead of 110. They both look exactly the same otherwise. Good point about double checking. I'd likely prefer to buy the whole PC board from Fantasea to make sure it actually works, but getting ahold of them is like hoping 2020 will end tomorrow. :)
Thanks!

Hi DevilEyeDog, I wrote Fantasea an email the other day (info@) and got a fast response.
Where did you send an email to?

I went through their online form. I will try the info@ and see if I get a better response. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom