Hi from Myrtle Beach!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AnnaShay94

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey everyone! My name is Anna and I got certified last October with my fiancé Michael! We got certified partly on a charter boat at a wreck off the coast called The Sherman and partly at a rock quarry in Raleigh NC called Mystery Lake. The quarry was awesome! We can’t wait to go back. We took some time off because we have been working and saving to buy a house, but just finished our refresher course and are hoping to go diving soon! I’m not sure how to go about planning a trip. Any suggestions?

Welcome from Nova Scotia. I've actually dived on the Sherman in 2011. That was the only boat going out from Coastal Scuba in Feb./March.
I've only done one dive "trip" (to Panama). My advice would be to google possible places you may want to visit. Then search out local dive shops/boats. Look at what they recommend for accomodations. Many prefer to go o group tours arranged by their local dive shops-- not what I'd personally prefer. The most important thing is to ask tons of questions, and be as sure as possible you are getting exactly what you pay for. I had an instance in Panama where there was a bit of a glitch. Getting stuff in writing e mailed to you may be the best idea.

Welcome from Nova Scotia. I've actually dived on the Sherman in 2011. That was the only boat going out from Coastal Scuba in Feb./March.
I've only done one dive "trip" (to Panama). My advice would be to google possible places you may want to visit. Then search out local dive shops/boats. Look at what they recommend for accomodations. Many prefer to go o group tours arranged by their local dive shops-- not what I'd personally prefer. The most important thing is to ask tons of questions, and be as sure as possible you are getting exactly what you pay for. I had an instance in Panama where there was a bit of a glitch. Getting stuff in writing e mailed to you may be the best idea.
Great idea about the email! Panama sounds awesome! We were looking at Phuket today. Thinking that might be a good location. I’m just curious as to how people can afford trips? Seems like divers go all the time! Meanwhile I have trouble asking off for a quick two tank dive!

Welcome to ScubaBoard Ann @AnnaShay94, Happy to have you here on the forum. Becareful as I think you are getting bit by Dive Fever.:)

Great idea about the email! Panama sounds awesome! We were looking at Phuket today. Thinking that might be a good location. I’m just curious as to how people can afford trips? Seems like divers go all the time! Meanwhile I have trouble asking off for a quick two tank dive!

Check out Liquid Diving Adventures for help on a trip. I'm not sure when you have in mind but he's got some trips available now and near future. Also, when travel begins to turn more normal (a year from now?), he'll have all kinds of trips available, both prepackaged and help to put together something that you have in mind yourselves.

Scuba Diving Destinations - Vacation Specials - Liquid Diving Adventures

Some destinations aren't available due to the Covid situation.

Check out Liquid Diving Adventures for help on a trip. I'm not sure when you have in mind but he's got some trips available now and near future. Also, when travel begins to turn more normal (a year from now?), he'll have all kinds of trips available, both prepackaged and help to put together something that you have in mind yourselves.

Scuba Diving Destinations - Vacation Specials - Liquid Diving Adventures

Some destinations aren't available due to the Covid situation.
Thank you! I agree that things are a little weird but hopefully they’ll be normal soon. I need to be underwater!

I agree! Someone call a doctor
giphy-facebook_s.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom