What is the cost to get OW certified?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lol.. 'personal gear', sounds like a scuba tax.
Ownership of mask snorkel fins boots actually saves time in pool needing to constantly adjust fit makes learning easier using same gear every time during this initial training period.

Madeira where I qualified is €350 which includes all equipment hire

Ownership of mask snorkel fins boots actually saves time in pool needing to constantly adjust fit makes learning easier using same gear every time during this initial training period.

From posts on a FB women's diving group, I was astonished to learn that it's apparently only when you're doing local training that personal gear (mask, fins, snorkel, booties) is required to be provided to the student. There were many who went away to tropical destinations for OW class and rented everything. Even masks. There were even a number of DM candidates who didn't have their own masks until they had to buy their own gear for DM class. That just surprises me. You love diving so much that you end up going for DM, but you couldn't be bothered to buy your own mask until you had to? :rolleyes::confused:

From posts on a FB women's diving group, I was astonished to learn that it's apparently only when you're doing local training that personal gear (mask, fins, snorkel, booties) is required to be provided to the student. There were many who went away to tropical destinations for OW class and rented everything. Even masks. There were even a number of DM candidates who didn't have their own masks until they had to buy their own gear for DM class. That just surprises me. You love diving so much that you end up going for DM, but you couldn't be bothered to buy your own mask until you had to? :rolleyes::confused:
Yes. I can understand those who dive once/twice yearly renting everything. I doubt very many who dive regularly do-- makes no sense financially, let alone rentals being different all the time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom