Neoprene Neck Seal vs Silicone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have never installed a neck ring on a drysuit, so I don't know how difficult of a task it is or how much it varies from suit to suit, wish I could help you!

I have installed waterproof dry glove rings and a p valve...I don't think a neck ring is hard. Also, I've watched videos of guys replacing and it looks super easy...

Worst case scenario just put the ring system on when its time to change your neoprene seal. Try the silicone. If you like the silicone (never lets water in, easy to get over head, maybe colder?) then throw a neoprene onto the neck ring and from there on out you've got 10 minute seal changes.

Does anyone (probably in the UK) have a cheaper place to get the neoprene neck seal that fit sit-tech? My go to is always Seaskin, great prices and fair shipping. They just don't carry it as far as I know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom