Test Results are in!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

William McDaniel

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey all, So I took a gamble and purchased a Bauer Utilus 10 that was not run for 13 years or so and was 24 years old. I replaced all the needed parts and filters. I ran it for a little while and filled some tanks. It ran tanks right up to 3000 psi within time specs. I was very happy. I just received the test results from Tri Air and it passed all tests to include a moisture test. This is the first test I ever have done on a compressor. I know it passed but I have a few questions.

Here are the results

Oxygen (Volume %) 20.7 PASS
Carbon Monoxide (ppmv) < 1 PASS
Total Gaseous Hydrocarbons including Methane (ppmv) 2.7 PASS
Methane (ppmv) 2.0
Carbon Dioxide (ppmv) 479 PASS
Oil Mist & Particulate [COM:133] (mg/m3) < 0.1
Oil Mist (mg/m3) < 0.1
Particulate (mg/m3) < 0.1
Odor (Pronounced) NO PASS
Water (ppmv) < 2
Water (Dew Point °F) < -95

1. How are things looking for this compressor?

2. Are any of these numbers something to be concerned about?

Fine
No
Enjoy

Oxygen at 20.7 seems a tiny bit low but that's probably just a calibration thing. Everything else looks really good.

Sorry, does that test result say there is a pronounced odor?
It is confusing. The result was "NO. PASS". I guess they could use some punctuation in there.

It is confusing. The result was "NO. PASS". I guess they could use some punctuation in there.
Oh, great, I can breathe easy, so to speak. Know nothing about compressors, that just seemed odd. I suppose in theory there's nothing stopping even highly filtered air from having odors, since some molecules that smell are very small.

Hey all, So I took a gamble and purchased a Bauer Utilus 10 that was not run for 13 years or so and was 24 years old. I replaced all the needed parts and filters. I ran it for a little while and filled some tanks. It ran tanks right up to 3000 psi within time specs. I was very happy. I just received the test results from Tri Air and it passed all tests to include a moisture test. This is the first test I ever have done on a compressor. I know it passed but I have a few questions.

Here are the results

Oxygen (Volume %) 20.7 PASS
Carbon Monoxide (ppmv) < 1 PASS
Total Gaseous Hydrocarbons including Methane (ppmv) 2.7 PASS
Methane (ppmv) 2.0
Carbon Dioxide (ppmv) 479 PASS
Oil Mist & Particulate [COM:133] (mg/m3) < 0.1
Oil Mist (mg/m3) < 0.1
Particulate (mg/m3) < 0.1
Odor (Pronounced) NO PASS
Water (ppmv) < 2
Water (Dew Point °F) < -95

1. How are things looking for this compressor?

2. Are any of these numbers something to be concerned about?
These are fine for a new filter. Knowing when to change that is really the key part

These are fine for a new filter. Knowing when to change that is really the key part
When I worked at the lab and could test my compressor weekly/monthly I would just watch the moisture. Once it started going up it was time to change.

Of course this isn't an option for pretty much everybody else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom