Peregrine or mission one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’ve been wanting a Shearwater for a bit now. Partly due to how nice their displays are (the majority of my dive buddies have been Shearwater users). Another draw for me is their customer service.

With the introduction of the Shearwater gateway drug...I mean Peregrine:D...I will probably get one of those in the coming months and keep my Mares Matrix as a backup.

I wish I had better news, but right now that Peregrine refuses to start the BLE communication with Subsurface.
According to the docs it should work exactly the same way as the Teric, but something about it confuses the Qt BLE implementation and the communication times out. So please don't hold your breath just yet. (which is always a bad idea when diving, anyway)
Dirk wrote on the subsurface mailing list that there are some subsurface related fixes in v81 of the peregrine firmware. So maybe the news is getting better...

compass, smaller size, gps, android push notifications from your phone for the atmos

peregrine has bigger screen, better contrast, 3 gas deco support, deeper depth rating that can be trusted, 2 year warranty.

i haven't seen a documented dive on the atmos mission past 40m, so the 100m rating might be iffy on it.

701FA814-5E9E-4568-801A-76DFF4DD0990.jpeg

Now you have. Ive done 2 dives below 200’ and a few more in the 180’ish range and the atmos worked great.

Yes. The latest development version of Subsurface can download from the Peregrine with v81 firmware.
As can the latest Subsurface-mobile on both iOS and Android.
The recently released Subsurface 4.9.7 can also download from the Peregrine with firmware v81

The Peregrine willl not lock you out, ever. It's unclear from looking at the Mission One's manual what it does, but other Atmos computers will lock you out if they become unhappy.

The Peregrine willl not lock you out, ever. It's unclear from looking at the Mission One's manual what it does, but other Atmos computers will lock you out if they become unhappy.
I'm unaware of any Atmos computers other than the Mission One. Are you possibly thinking of the old Aeris computers with that name?

Perhaps. I was lookiing at Google reuslts on the name.

The Mission One user's manual does not say what the ramifications of a missed deco stop are. Perhaps someone with an Atmos computer can fill us in. I would assume it puts you into violation gauge mode for a period of time, but that may not be correct.
upload_2020-9-26_13-17-1.png

page 10

I did not see where you plan to go with your diving or if you ever want AI, so take this for what it’s worth. I would consider getting the Perdix AI without the transmitter. Bad ass computer and if you want the AI later buy the transmitter. If you will never care about AI or any technical diving get the one of the others. I am partial to SW due to their product and phenomenal support. After 2 years of diving my Perdix it suffered an intermittent power drop that they could not replicate. They replaced everything but the shell no questions and I had it back in like a week. Also love the additional features and fixes in the firmware. They are on it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom