Cancellation Policy Changes at Blue Angel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My sample week was in October, yours in November. Maybe they intend to change their policy? Maybe they can only override standard policy for a limited time? Still, I think I'd want to know that Hotel is guaranteeing this and that "free cancellation" means money back not future voucher. if you click on Free Cancellation what does it say?

Maybe they intend to change their policy?
My guess is it has more to do how far in advance you book and how many rooms are already booked then, but who knows? It may be an oversight. They get to use your payment in full funds immediately of course.

Still, I think I'd want to know that Hotel is guaranteeing this and that "free cancellation" means money back not future voucher. if you click on Free Cancellation what does it say?
upload_2020-9-25_20-3-56.png

They get to use your payment in full funds immediately of course.View attachment 614384

Are you sure of that? VRBO has now started collecting the money at time of booking and KEEPING it until the guest stays. They collect the interest for quite while before they let loose that money.

May have to use Hotels.com. It is like pulling teeth communicating with Blue Angel reservations.

Are you sure of that? VRBO has now started collecting the money at time of booking and KEEPING it until the guest stays. They collect the interest for quite while before they let loose that money.
Oh, I don't know who exactly gets to use your money in the interim. There's not much interest being paid on funds in the US today, but many businesses are scrambling to pay expenses so someone gets to enjoy it.

May have to use Hotels.com
Be sure to register but then I guess you have to do so to use their services. Book & stay 10 nights in a year with them and you get a free night valued at the average cost of nights paid & stayed to use within the following year. The contracts the hotels sign with such sites require that the hotels charge the same rate whether you book direct or thru the booking site and Hotels.com guarantees a refund if you find a lower rate.

The free cancelation cutoff is two weeks prior to arrival so there is still a risk, even if you're delayed by the airline. If the latter happens, call Hotels.com ASAP to change your arrival date as no-shows get nothing, not even the room they paid for when they arrive a day late. I always take good trip insurance (TravelSafe.com is my choice but whatever) mostly for the $100K medical coverage as my home coverage passes little out of country, and I'd suggest the same, but if not - at least take the $25 insurance offered by Hotels.com to protect yourself.

Back
Top Bottom