Punta Cana Dominican Republic Dive Shops with Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where in the Dominican Republic will you be staying or wanting to dive?
I know the shop I dive with has DIN tanks, but unless you are looking to dive in Bayahibe ...
I don’t know about Nitrox, I stick with air.

I have not stayed in Punta Cana, my research said while the resorts were lovely, the diving was not worth the effort.
Most shops in Punta Cana will transport you to Bayahibe to dive, 45 to 60 minutes. That is okay if you only want to dive on a day or two.
Look at the Bayahibe resorts, about 50 minutes from Punta Cana airport, closer from the La Romana airport.
Most are not as fancy as Punta Cana but still very nice.

Enjoy the resort!! As mentioned diving was at Bayahibe and turned into an all day trip for 2 dives when I did it with a resort out of Punta Cana. Did get to spend some time on their Catalina Island which had gorgeous white sand beaches after the dives. The dives were a chance to get wet. Nothing spectacular. I went mainly to relax at the resort. Had a great time doing that.

The diving around Punta Cana is pretty bad. Lots of sand and dead coral.Thee are a few wrecks but not much else. I have been there twice and unless I had a good reason to go will not go back as I plan my vacations around diving. There are some fun things to do on land that you should look into if you are going for sure. The only other option is there is some great cave diving if that interests you but I don't know of any cavern dives for non cave trained divers.

Back
Top Bottom