Force Fin Designs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So I've got 4 sets of Force Fins..2 questions.

I have no whiskers! When do you think you'll have whiskers available?

What's your opinion of Force Fins in a cave environment?

Well hopefully this week will see a set of 3-D printed USA whiskers. Making them in Polyurethane became a issue with a plant we used moving to "The Peoples Republic of China." We never left our shores. So we will be able to make all sorts of winglets. The Bat wings were amazing for control. Not sure of cost at this time, but sure it will be better than no whiskers. Great Technology. Cave diving in Force Fins..well after my friend (now) Dan Volker and friends trashed them for cave diving, I just looked the other direction. Was looking for some images of European divers in caves. Over in Greece and other places they addapted to using Force fins. But to end all issues I made the best cave diving fin ever the SD-1. But only sold to Military at the time, over 600 pairs worldwide. Not sure if we will bring to market again. We still have many models in hold for production. Kind of got turn off with all the negetive energy coming at us at those times...I am the kind of person who runs into the cave when the storm hits. Times have changed, who knows I might have a few pairs in storage. Thank for your interest, it's positive...God Bless.

Attachments

• 20021110-050.png-fw.png
    20021110-050.png-fw.png
    660.7 KB · Views: 74
  • batwings.jpg-fw.jpg
    batwings.jpg-fw.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 76
  • negra2.jpg
    negra2.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 68

Caves, standard whiskers should be ok, on an excellerator. I would gravitate to the long blade version of the Hockey Fins to eliminate the chance of entanglement and it's amazing performance with small kicks and frog kicks.

Caves, standard whiskers should be ok, on an excellerator. I would gravitate to the long blade version of the Hockey Fins to eliminate the chance of entanglement and it's amazing performance with small kicks and frog kicks.
Dumb me, I bet you are right. Made the Hockey fin for you. Thanks. A clean surface and kicks like a mule.

Attachments

• P1030601.JPG
    P1030601.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 73
mine aren't that pretty though, but those also look the the Mod0, with the hole in the top and 86A urethane, we closed up the top and bumped it to a 91A I think. I dove the Mod 0's last week and I immediately knew they were the Mod 0s, the Mod 1 are much more alive in the water

mine aren't that pretty though, but those also look the the Mod0, with the hole in the top and 86A urethane, we closed up the top and bumped it to a 91A I think. I dove the Mod 0's last week and I immediately knew they were the Mod 0s, the Mod 1 are much more alive in the water
At this point I forgot, now finding more images of Force Fin Designs...what was I thinking.?

Attachments

• 2006034-055-fw.png
    2006034-055-fw.png
    261.2 KB · Views: 71
I found these images on how I was trying to get the water flow to help twist the Split Fin blades. Sanding to the right thickness and then making a Poly-Urethane part to test. All of this took months, some times years to get things right. Having come out with the first " Spit Fin " Force Fin Foil Force one year before the FLAT split design I had a heads up on what was the right way to travel. The other designs just open up like barn door letting all your energy go UP and Down. Once I had a fin to swim with I would take my shop grinder ( A big One) and make changes in the thinkness, then test again. . Then it was back to make another master to hand shape. One images shows where I was going to add material (white lines) . I must admit I had to really open up the split area at one point to drive the water into the disired twist. Not up and down like the flat split designs, but spinning the water as thrust behind your kick. With the OPS I was able to rotate the foils and open up for easy kicking and close up for the big push. Hay have a nice week end. The Orginial first Split fin. Foil Force Fin – Force Fin

Attachments

• 103006-046.png-fw.png
    103006-046.png-fw.png
    699.6 KB · Views: 70
  • foil061811-016-fw.png
    foil061811-016-fw.png
    699.6 KB · Views: 60
  • foil_fin.jpg
    foil_fin.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 56
One day while testing a fin in our Santa Barbara home pool it started raining. I quickly noticed how the rain water ran off the tip of our yard plant. . No wonder it was shaped like that. Nice, it helped shape the Cousteau fin design. This model took just 3 years to get right. OPS. 20 years ago now. I think if we had not got railed roaded in the Dive Industry this Force Fin would be in production. Well such is life, it's short.... so purchase a American made fin Force Fin and see how fast you can go with very little effort. #forcefinnersunite. Sure like how the OPS moved.

Attachments

• leaf128.png-fw.png
    leaf128.png-fw.png
    793 KB · Views: 59
  • ff-45.jpg
    ff-45.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 58
  • ff-44-no-name.jpg
    ff-44-no-name.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 55
Some one has this piece of history now. The first Vortex generator to go on swim fins, 30 years ago. My friend Lee Selisky purchased this item at a NOGI fund rasing evening. After his passing last year who knows where it ended up.? Plan to unload all sorts of cool stuff, rare dive books, fins, prints and everything I own... Our new life will be only a suit case and computors, so get ready to find some item that you might like to own. Going to sell everything.

Attachments

• fw.png
    fw.png
    723.4 KB · Views: 57
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom