Red Sea (Egypt) closed (covid-19 confined)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used Pegasus to go to Sharm this August, after making it to the hotel at 3AM local time I wouldn't have even considered boarding a boat and going trough all the routine there, let alone doing 3 dives.
Of course, the whole thing including 20kg of luggage pp on all 4 segments (changed flights in Istanbul) was less then 200 euros per person so it was really a "we land you there safely and nothing else" kind of deal.

I see that this thread is mostly about liveaboards, but am wondering if people have experience with any of the resorts? Specifically, it looks like Reef Club may have a good scuba program, but the hotel isn't the best. I was thinking about Rixos or others. Do any have good dive operations, or is it better to pick a good hotel and use a separate dive shop (Emperor or other)? Also, if I do go the route of resort with its own dive operation, does it matter if it is on the north, south or central part of Sharm?

My friend/buddy highly recommends the Camel Dive Club and Hotel in Sharm. She's been there a number of times, both as a relative newbie and now as a diver with 300+ dives all over the world.

My friend/buddy highly recommends the Camel Dive Club and Hotel in Sharm. She's been there a number of times, both as a relative newbie and now as a diver with 300+ dives all over the world.
Thanks for the recommendation. Nice reviews, but no beach and limited facilities.

I see that this thread is mostly about liveaboards, but am wondering if people have experience with any of the resorts? Specifically, it looks like Reef Club may have a good scuba program, but the hotel isn't the best. I was thinking about Rixos or others. Do any have good dive operations, or is it better to pick a good hotel and use a separate dive shop (Emperor or other)? Also, if I do go the route of resort with its own dive operation, does it matter if it is on the north, south or central part of Sharm?
Is there a reason you specifically want sharm as opposed to hurghadha or Marsa alam?

Why? It’s our first time in Egypt and that seemed like the area with the most/best dive sites.

Thanks for the recommendation. Nice reviews, but no beach and limited facilities.

How about the Marriott? I've had that recommended to me from buddies that I met on the Dewi Nusantara. It's the only place they will stay.

Why? It’s our first time in Egypt and that seemed like the area with the most/best dive sites.

I’m not sure I’d agree with that, but it all depends what you want. If you are going to visit Cairo/ do the pyramids etc and then move on to diving, you might want to consider hurghadha and specifically Safaga/ soma bay. You aren’t going to get all inclusive, but the hotels are very good ( 5 star or breakers with kitesurfing and probably one of the best housereefs in the Red Sea.) and I’d argue that the dive sites are better than sharm for reef. And wreck daytrips. Also not as crowded as sharm, but that’s less of an issue at the moment, the best dive sites IMO would be daytrips from Marsa alam/port Ghalib, but people generally do little other than dive from port Ghalib, especially now, so you will likley not get the extra curricular you are looking for,

Also if you are going to see pyramids etc, I’d advise going now..one of the ladies on our boat spent 3 days in Karnak and on 1 day she was the only tourist there...they were unlocking temples just for her. It was amazing...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom