Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So you guys paid like 90 dollars for the quickneck system, and then 90 more dollars for a neoprene neck seal? Just getting an integrated neoprene neck seal with seaskin is free! And a replacement is only 30 dollars (plus your labor time to actually do the repair...)

I bought my trilam with the Quick Neck and a silicone seal. If the replaceable neoprene seal from Waterproof was available at that time, I didn't know about. I learned about it months later and bought one then.

I bought my neoprene suit with a fixed neoprene neck seal (and neoprene wrist seals).

I've had a seal rip on me, while out on a boat, getting ready to dive. I'd rather spend the extra for a replaceable system and be able to not miss a dive (or a whole day's diving).

I have the socks on my trilam and boots on my neoprene. I like the socks.

Since i'm lazy, every single time putting on and off my drysuit I wished to avoid extra movements of putting on/off rock boots. This have finally happened with Tech boots on another suit - such a relax))
Moreover rock boots add weight and you shouldn't forget them at home and on site

Since i'm lazy, every single time putting on and off my drysuit I wished to avoid extra movements of putting on/off rock boots. This have finally happened with Tech boots on another suit - such a relax))
Moreover rock boots add weight and you shouldn't forget them at home and on site
I prefer socks, depending on which fins I use I will use either rock boots (bungee laces make putting them on and taking them off a snap) or heavy neoprene boots which offset the fin weight.

I wear kayaking neoprene boots over the socks. Easy. And yes, forgetting anything you need for diving sucks; not just boots.

I'd rather spend the extra for a replaceable system and be able to not miss a dive (or a whole day's diving).
Just different approach:
I would rather miss one dive in 5 years, rather than deal with all that replaceable stuff all the time

Finally found the 3 mm on their website, must have been there all the time... oh dear.
Many thanks also for all the extra input. Not quite sure if that will fit on my standard 6.5 mil wet boots, which I use to wear with 2 mil neo socks when it's getting colder. New to drysuit, sometimes difficult to sort out the options. Thx again!

Back
Top Bottom