Where Americans Can Travel As Of 9/21/20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You do know that this thread is about places that Americans can travel to? And really, why travel for a vacation during a pandemic.

yes......yes I do. That’s why I suggested the Red Sea. Perhaps I should elaborate. . I would probably fly in the egyptair flight from JFK or Washington....and I would most likely jump on a boat from Port Ghalib and do the fury shoals, elphinstone, Daedalus itinerary....if I was American.

There has to be a way to find your peace within the US.
When I first read the title of the thread my first reaction was : why the rush to want to go somewhere else.
I mean, I understand travel is needed for many reasons, besides my sons all my family is in Spain with a few cousins in Germany and the UK. It is fun to visit them but not imperative.
Then I read @Kimela 's post and realized that if it was me not diving since March or so, agrrrrrrr. I'll probably had been ready to complete time from being arrested but delayed for bad behaviour.

Good luck people... Find your way to the water, maybe look for a way to arrange your life closer to decent diving? Not in Florida this place is full, but somewhere else?

Cannot like this enough. Thank you.

You do know that this thread is about places that Americans can travel to? And really, why travel for a vacation during a pandemic.

*edit* i see you are from Canada. Sure hope you quarantined for 14 days after your vacation.[/QUOTE

I am 3 days into my 3rd 2 week quarantine. We did 2 weeks in March when the Q came into effect whilst we were in Disney, 2 weeks when I came back from Coz in July and 2 weeks started Sunday when I landed back from Cairo. Happy that at least they have rapid testing at the airport now and I got my ‘all clear’ by 6 pm Sunday, have another to complete on Sunday for the 7 day check and a last one on the day my quarantine ends. I prefer the new swan ones as I’ve had 7 of the aggressive nose exploration ones...

I am 3 days into my 3rd 2 week quarantine. We did 2 weeks in March when the Q came into effect whilst we were in Disney, 2 weeks when I came back from Coz in July and 2 weeks started Sunday when I landed back from Cairo. Happy that at least they have rapid testing at the airport now and I got my ‘all clear’ by 6 pm Sunday, have another to complete on Sunday for the 7 day check and a last one on the day my quarantine ends. I prefer the new swab ones as I’ve had 7 of the aggressive nose exploration ones...

happy to swap 2 weeks quarantine for 2 weeks at brothers and the southern routes. I’d also recommend it....which is mainly why I did...

I am 3 days into my 3rd 2 week quarantine. We did 2 weeks in March when the Q came into effect whilst we were in Disney, 2 weeks when I came back from Coz in July and 2 weeks started Sunday when I landed back from Cairo. Happy that at least they have rapid testing at the airport now and I got my ‘all clear’ by 6 pm Sunday, have another to complete on Sunday for the 7 day check and a last one on the day my quarantine ends. I prefer the new swab ones as I’ve had 7 of the aggressive nose exploration ones...

happy to swap 2 weeks quarantine for 2 weeks at brothers and the southern routes. I’d also recommend it....which is mainly why I did...
Excellent news and well done.

*edit* i see you are from Canada. Sure hope you quarantined for 14 days after your vacation.
When we went to Cozumel in August, we quarantined at home for 2 weeks before the trip, and 2 weeks when we returned home.

Our biggest COVID threats were from other Americans on the airplane and in Cozumel who refused to wear a masks. Based on people's language accents, it seems that everyone but Americans had concern for other people and were wearing masks.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Thread re-opened after moderation. A number of posts have been removed on the basis of being off topic or quoting/replying to off topic posts.

This thread is located in Basic Scuba Discussions, which has its own Special Rules. Among them is:
This is a learning zone and consequently, any off-topic or overly harsh responses will be removed.

The title of the thread is "Where Americans can travel as of 9/21/20". It is not about greatness vs non-greatness of the US, mask efficacy, herd immunity or other Covid-related (or Covid-unrelated) issues.

Stay on topic. Further violations of either the ToS or the Special Rules for Basic may lead to a loss of posting privileges in this thread.

Also, remember that the ToS tells you to report posts which you believe violate the rules, rather than fighting back. The Mod Corps cannot monitor every thread on the board and is totally dependent on members' Reports to keep the board civil.

It's interesting that you cannot find an easy-to-read, and up-to-date list of countries which permit or ban U.S. travelers from Trump's state department.

Instead, Trump's state department publishes a list of all countries in the world, and you have to click on each individual country link. Then you have to read through that web page to figure out if Americans visitors are permitted. It is a very time-consuming process.

With modern computers, it would really easy to program a quick and GREAT reference guide that would show a list that is updated in real time -- if they wanted people to see such an extensive list. I guess that is why this thread exists. If it was easy to determine which countries do and do not permit Americans, then this thread would be unnecessary.

As best that I can determine right now, Americans are banned from 162 of 195 GREAT countries.

We should think of this as a GREAT travel opportunity. Rwanda and Somalia are open to Americans now -- who wants to go with me? We would have a GREAT time in Somalia.

I was going to try to go to Jamaica in Dec. While not impossible, it would currently be herculean logistical feat with too many points of uncertainty.

According to their web site, their current restrictions are valid through today. I have little hope that they will favorably restructure their system tomorrow.

It's interesting that you cannot find an easy-to-read and up-to-date list of countries which permit or ban U.S. travelers from Trump's state department.

Instead, Trump's state department publishes a list of all countries in the world, and you have to click on each individual country link. Then you have to read through that web page to figure out if Americans visitors are permitted. It is a very time-consuming process.

With modern computers, it would really easy to program a quick reference guide that would show a list that is updated in real time -- if they wanted people to see such an extensive list. I guess that is why this thread exists. If it was easy to determine which countries do and do not permit Americans, then this thread would be unnecessary.

As best that I can determine right now, Americans are banned from 162 of 195 countries.

We should think of this as a great travel opportunity. Rwanda and Somalia are open to Americans now -- who wants to go with me?

Where Can Americans Travel Right Now Without Travel Restrictions? - Travel Off Path

Back
Top Bottom