Closed Suunto Cobra 1 Console and Vyper Wrist Computer - Selling as a pair

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishyhead

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi SB members, I'm selling a Suunto Cobra 1 Console and Vyper Wrist computer together. This is a great redundant setup for recreational divers. The Cobra and Vyper have the same data port and connector and both use what appears to be the same software. I have both set on Nitrox. This simplifies the pre-dive setup on the boat, especially as nitrox mixes change between fills. During dives, I watch the Vyper and only refer to the Cobra when I need to check air.

The Vyper was bought new in 2003 (I have the original box, manual, receipt, and registration card). 25 dives in 2003 and 2004 then I basically stopped diving. I changed the battery when I started back up again in 2018 and have logged 32 more dives on it. I always soaked it in fresh water after diving. It's a wrist model. I trimmed about an inch off the end of the strap since they're so long. The Vyper will include the extra screen protector, manual, and paperwork.

I bought the Cobra in February 2019 with zero dives on it. I believe it is new old stock or a shop demo unit. I have logged 30 dives on it. Since it's air integrated, the Cobra calculates remaining dive time which is great for recreational dives and an additional data point in the software. The Cobra comes with a miflex braided HP hose, a Suunto protector pouch.

$250 shipped for both including the Suunto USB data transfer cable. Let me know if you're interested. I can email pictures.

Hello everyone, these are still available. I pulled the dive data off of them yesterday so they're ready to ship. The Cobra no longer includes a hose so I'm dropping the price to $200 shipped for the pair. This is a great pair of computers that mirror each other to provide redundancy when you're on a trip.

Does the Cobra just use a standard HP hose. Can I use the one from my existing pressure gauge?
Does this include a the data cable?
Love some pics very interested.

Yes it uses a regular High pressure hose and spool I can attach it to one but am uncertain of the age (of the hose). Yes it comes with the cable that works with both the Cobra and Vyper.

What's your email address (message me)

I just took some pictures of everything that's included:

IMG_20200930_143602096 resize.jpg

IMG_20200930_143801568 resize.jpg

IMG_20200930_143816170 Resize.jpg

I took the Cobra out of the console to show you the connection - it's just like an SPG. It will need an air spool and I'd put a new o-ring on it just to be safe. You're welcome to the HP hose but I don't know its history.

IMG_20200930_145039173 resize.jpg

IMG_20200930_145154682 resize.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200930_145154682 resize.jpg
    IMG_20200930_145154682 resize.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 82
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom