5mm suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’ve got a 5mm Henderson Thermoprene Pro. Nice wetsuit and it seems to be holding up well.

I’ve been enjoying my 3mm this summer. Not looking forward to having to break out the 5mm, hood, and gloves. I think I might go ahead and break it out next week though, as the water temperature has been dropping gradually the past few weeks.

I did try on a Pinnacle before I went with the Bare.

I thought it wonderful though I've no idea how I'd have liked it in actual use.

Of course, I went with the Bare Velocity because over the past few years that has been my favorite suit.

Yes, I'm a big fan of ankle zippers.

I do not own one but did some dives in a BARE Sport S-Flex suit 5mm and loved it. Was easy to move in and did not require a lot of additional weight.
Water temp was 59-60 and I quite comfortable the entire dive.

I have a 5mm Henderson Thermoprene, very comfortable, excellent fit. I know people that dive all summer in a 7 mm because that is what they have. The thickness of the suit is only part of the equation. A 7mm suit that doesn’t fit well will insulate less well than a properly fitted 5 mm. And personal tolerance is another factor. My daughter doesn’t really like diving her 7mm while I am still diving my 5mm. The next step up for me is my dry suit.

My personal opinion is that there is too much overlap in utility between a 5 mm and a 7mm to justify the expense. If you buy the 5 mm suit, you will end up only wearing the one that fits better. My 3 mm has not touched the water since bought the Henderson.

I love my waterproof 5mm. It has double layers at the cuffs: an under layer that goes under boots and gloves, and an over layer that zips closed. Really helps minimize water exchange.

I'll second this one. I've been in 53 deg. water with my 5mm and neoskin and never felt the cold. If you can find a place to try one on. They run a little small.

I recently started diving a SEAC Komoda 5mm and man that thing is awesome! Made with very stretchy (and quite comfortable for a wetsuit) Yamamoto rubber and has rubber seals on the wrists and ankles to lock in water. I dive it and a Sharkskin with a 5mm Aqualock hood down to 50F and manage to stay fairly comfortable at that temp.

I'll second this one. I've been in 53 deg. water with my 5mm and neoskin and never felt the cold. If you can find a place to try one on. They run a little small.

I get cold easy in the water. I won’t swim unless the water is 85+. In my Waterproof W4 5mm with a Neoskin, hooded vest, 5mm gloves and boots, I’ve been in water just about as cold and been happy.

I like the Xcel hydroflex and the Bare reactive both very comfortable. The Bare suits seem to run big as in the Xcel I wear a large and in the Bare I wear a medium long. I'm 6' 185 lbs. My son uses Pinnacle suits and they are very nice but they do not stretch so if they are a good fit great but for me they are a little stiff.

Going with the Henderson greenprene . A lot of the guys I dove with this weekend had and liked

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom