Antique bottle hunting in cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mark IV

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Years ago, I had a bottle hunting phase, and would sometimes hop on board our afternoon boat, and have them drop me in the water in front of the plaza Las glorious (IIRC). I'd then swim north with the current, zig zagging left and right scouring the bottom, and (hopefully) exit the water real close to the old pro dive pier.
Assuming I'm able to get pics posted here ,these are a few favorites from the 18 or so I salvaged, from what was maybe a couple dozen dives.( if I could find a single decent bottle per dive, I was batting a thousand).
This first bottle says "Belfast" ,and on the other side says ,"Ross's".
20200928_190902.jpg

This one may be the best of the bunch. Its definitely real old anfd looks a lot cooler in person, because of the odd color and imperfections. It isn't even symmetrical , the neck leans slightly off to one side

20200928_190834.jpg

Interesting! I hope you get some comments from people who may know something about these.

I would say its Paliser's, DD
Yep, Diego Palliser's Sons Mobile Alabama.

I was hiking a big gulley on a nearby state park once and found an old glass soda bottle that had washed downstream without getting buried. It was old enough that the rangers might have called it an artifact, but I called it litter and took it home. Should I was the dirt stain off?

IMG_3029.JPG

DSC_7096ph.jpg
This is a NuGrape bottle I found off the north side of Palm Beach Island in the inlet area. We've been diving there for decades looking for bottles and this is one of the cooler ones my son and I found. It was almost entirely covered with sand at the bottom of the inlet by some rocks. I could see some of the art deco curves and quickly swam over to fan off the sand. While we usually leave most of the bottles there, this one we took home. Not sure of the age, but somewhere between 1920s to 1950s.

Attachments

• DSC_7096ph.jpg
    DSC_7096ph.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 48
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom